Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
Feb 17, 2005
State of Confusion
Name
Tim
Boat
Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
Some of these I haven't seen in almost 35 years. Some like the Columbia Gems S-1, I remember like it was yesterday. I remember when pier point got them in. They were so shiny and heavy for being so small. They worked really good on the calicos.

Anyway, enjoy. If there's something in there that catches your eye and you have some good information please feel free to chime in.

20150222_153539.jpeg

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
If u lost him, sorry! :(

Upvote 0

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
Feb 17, 2005
State of Confusion
Name
Tim
Boat
Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
Hay, no worries guy's. It's been a few years. He had a lot of fishing stuff. A lot of it shit and I should toss it or sell it. But, I always end up looking at it and putting it back.
Anyway, even though he always refused to admit it most of his stuff was mine from working on the boats in my teens. He absorbed it all when I went in the Marine's. So, some of these jig's I haven't seen since '82. It's funny because I remember almost everyone of them and where I got it. Trip huh?
This Jerry Jig is one of my favorites, only because of the stamp. I forgot if I ever caught anything on it.
Not sure about the Outlaw....Anyone have information on them?
Than a couple Candy Bar's. My dad loved these. If you notice, most of his jigs have been stripped of paint or painted white. He was a barracuda fisherman at heart.

20150222_153909.jpeg

20150222_155838.jpeg

20150222_155345.jpeg

Upvote 0

fishdoggary

I do what I want Bitch!
Aug 23, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Gary
Boat
Intrepid
I have a couple of the Outlaws, one of them was from the Ray Jarvis collection and they swim awesome... Don't let that one go.

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
My father passed in 89. He had many of the same I see there. Unfortunately being so young I wasn't good at caring and preventing rust and corrosions. I've caught plenty of fish on them over the years. Just wish I learned to care for all his old gear better. Good luck with helping his legacy live on. I still troll with a 50sw penn even though it's overkill. It was my dad's and I believe one day a 200lb bigeye will take me through 15 rounds on that reel and I will think of my Dad the entire time. God bless good dad's and may they rest peacefully with our maker when there time is done here

20140806_113754.jpg

Upvote 0

konared

Almost A Member
Oct 22, 2004
Crystal River, Florida
Name
Doug
Boat
Kayak
o
My father passed in 89. He had many of the same I see there. Unfortunately being so young I wasn't good at caring and preventing rust and corrosions. I've caught plenty of fish on them over the years. Just wish I learned to care for all his old gear better. Good luck with helping his legacy live on. I still troll with a 50sw penn even though it's overkill. It was my dad's and I believe one day a 200lb bigeye will take me through 15 rounds on that reel and I will think of my Dad the entire time. God bless good dad's and may they rest peacefully with our maker when there time is done here

View attachment 573357
Outlaws were made by Johnny and Joyce Perkins, who made Spoofers.
I had a box of them in the late 60's.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    I have that same outlaw jr from my dad in brushed aluminum.Probably came from pierpoint too,i remember going to meet his boat and getting to feed the seal in the tank at the landing before i was old enough to go.

Upvote 0

qtrracer

Jan 17, 2010
    Simi Valley, CA
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    none
    I would consider yourself somewhat fortunate that you have those items to spark fond memories of him. After my Fathers passing in 87 my brother decided that he would help himself to all my Fathers saltwater gear and sell it, Trulines, Sabres, Newells, nice wooden tackle boxes full of jigs from the 50's on up. Gotta love family huh, LOL.

Reactions: Toadly and NO4NMTL
    Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
    Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    The single hook candy bar 200 is a good one. I know your Dad caught some Cudas on that one, hard to come by these days. May he rest in peace.

Upvote 0