ShiverMeTimbersPNW

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 4, 2017
Gig Harbor, Washington
Name
Woody
Boat
24' Hewescraft Pacific Explorer
As a Westport newbie, I'm combing the forum for info about mooring, campgrounds, things to know, etc. We'll be there August 1-9 and I've reserved a slip for my boat. We're staying in our pop-up camper nearby. Hoping to fish, surf, and learn the area better.

I've surfed Westport a few times, so I don't need any tips on that scene, but I haven't fished or boated out of there. Want to get my 5 year-old daughter on some bottom fish, and it looks like halibut will be open that week. Salmon would be great too but we go for those near home, so less of a motivation. Tuna? Would love to run out and see what that fishery is all about but it would have to be a good weather day. I'm aware of the tides and bar crossing and have a fair amount of ocean experience off the Atlantic side of Cape Cod and down in San Diego. And a 50-ton captain's license, fwiw. That's great and all, but I know its no replacement for local knowledge.

If there are threads already, I'm happy to review them. Anyone have tips for a newbie? Will bring beer... and sanitizing wipes. :p

Last edited:

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
I have several 3-6" fence board cutoff from my fence build in westport, you can have them if you want them. has a bit of stain on them from the fence stain but if you are not cooking on the fire should be fine.

Reactions: TwoTapPat

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
As a Westport newbie, I'm combing the forum for info about mooring, campgrounds, things to know, etc. We'll be there August 1-9 and I've reserved a slip for my boat. We're staying in our pop-up camper nearby. Hoping to fish, surf, and learn the area better.

I've surfed Westport a few times, so I don't need any tips on that scene, but I haven't fished or boated out of there. Want to get my 5 year-old daughter on some bottom fish, and it looks like halibut will be open that week. Salmon would be great too but we go for those near home, so less of a motivation. Tuna? Would love to run out and see what that fishery is all about but it would have to be a good weather day. I'm aware of the tides and bar crossing and have a fair amount of ocean experience off the Atlantic side of Cape Cod and down in San Diego. And a 50-ton captain's license, fwiw. That's great and all, but I know its no replacement for local knowledge.

If there are threads already, I'm happy to review them. Anyone have tips for a newbie? Will bring beer... and sanitizing wipes. :p
start by not believing anything anyone on this site tells you! Tuna tend to be 40-60 miles runs from the jetty. For sure watch the ebb currents when crossing the bar. Don’t cut the south jetty unless you know damn well where you’re going.

and don’t highjack tuna town threads. 😂

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Speaking of that we are looking for firewood donations. Any help is greatly appreciated. All wood donors will receive a special donation plack.
I’m having a bunch to danger trees cut. I can’t do the heavy lifting, but some of these are dead standing and dry as tuna town (after y’all leave of course).

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 conquest... needs a name
I have several 3-6" fence board cutoff from my fence build in westport, you can have them if you want them. has a bit of stain on them from the fence stain but if you are not cooking on the fire should be fine.
Not the first time those guys have been offered 3-6” of wood. Will be interesting to see if they accept again. 👍😂

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
Looking forward to seeing my tuna town brethren in the very near future. I ran in to Capt chuckles (aka Dr fong) there last weekend. Should be a good summer after a really fucked up spring!!! Tight lines and bloody decks all!

Last edited:

rickstah

Ocean ho.
Nov 24, 2013
Bremerton
Name
Rick
Boat
19' Maxum for the Sound / Ocean boat-ho
Maybe I'll blow by tomorrow when I get into town. Cabins are full, so we're "camping" on a friend-of-a-friends lot