DEEP MAGIK

Almost A Member
Jun 21, 2017
Snohomish, WA
Name
Mike Surdyk
Boat
Grady White 232 Gulfstream
Well guys I hate to post this here but we're desperate to get back on the water and looking for some help.

Running our 232 Grady Gulf Stream back from Neah to Sekiu last weekend and discovered a noise coming from the lower unit of our 2017 Evinrude G2 300 Etec.

Didn't hit anything happened with no rhyme or reason, engine only made noise in forward; neutral and reverse sound normal. drained the lower unit oil and discovered metal shavings in the oil. not what we expected given the service and maintenance we do on the motor. engine has 400 hours on it and has a 10 year warranty.

got a warranty claim started but we're hearing it could be as late at October before we see a replacement. looking to see if anyone knows or has a new or used refurb lower unit we could purchase to salvage the rest of our summer fishing season.

Tried most of the dealers in the area and most don't have any in stock and the ones that do won't sell just the lower unit but just the entire motor.

If anyone is flipping motors or knows someone that has a spare kicking around, or has any advice for rebuilding or finding one elsewhere I am all ears.

Model Number: H300XUAGH
Serial Number: 05522769
25inch shaft.

thanks in advance guys, pretty bummed at the moment but gonna keep trying to find something to get us by until the warranty replacement shows up.

Tight Line Brothers

DEEP MAGIK aka Mike Surdyk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Ouch. Not bueno at all. Hope you find one. Maybe the one @Genie Aye has could work?

Reactions: DEEP MAGIK
Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    There’s one on eBay…. It had the tip of the skeg damaged, so it looks like it’s missing the bottom 2” and just filed clean… they claim it was a working lower unit… $2k if you could make it work until the warranty came through or while you got yours rebuilt…

Upvote 0

ledbed6b

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 21, 2010
    Shoreline WA
    Name
    Eli
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Sorry to hear about this. Your example unfortunately perfectly captures the myth of the value of warranties, the seasons and opportunities here are so short that you can't afford down time.

Reactions: goatram
    Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Shit happens for no rhyme or reason, give Derek or David a call At Advanced Marine they are Evinrude gurus and will set you straight with no bullshit😉

8C58E7E8-E505-4ED2-8CE1-4DE1C2FB4027.png

Upvote 0