Isn’t it a Right to Fish the Oceans of this Planet without Permission?

• Thread starter California Outdoors
  • Start date
C

California Outdoors

Isn’t it a Right to Fish the Oceans of this Planet without Permission?, by California Outdoors

Isn't it a right to fish the oceans of this planet without permission? Scouting for abalone out of season? Driving at night with flashlights to view wildlife? Treble hooks for halibut? Continue reading →
b.gif

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
requiring a license for ocean fishing is taxation without representation. the state does not stock the ocean, nor does this state do any environmental enhancements to improve fishing (artificial reefs). with that said i never fish without one, but i'd like to see my money working for me.

Reactions: PCH
Upvote 0

Warwick

Do You Like To Fonzanoon?
Jun 10, 2006
Santee
Name
Dan
Boat
No Mas Boat
You didn't answer the question in your own post. All you did was spew off rules and regulations. In the question, it states that California does nothing to maintain (stock, build) the oceans compared to the lakes. If a man just wants to eat what he catches, what gives the state the right to force him to pay?

Reactions: PCH
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Fishing license money goes towards the fuel they use in their boats that they use to drive around and check to see if we have a fishing license.

Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
Isn’t it a Right to Fish the Oceans of this Planet without Permission?, by California Outdoors

Isn't it a right to fish the oceans of this planet without permission? Scouting for abalone out of season? Driving at night with flashlights to view wildlife? Treble hooks for halibut? Continue reading →
b.gif
The ocean and it's access was always available long before DFW came along and provided yet another agency of the state and federal govt to give a fat retirement program. The ocean takes care of itself without much of an impact from recreational fisher people, that have to be burdened with having a piece of paper that says you're allowed access to and take ocean creatures for personal consumption. You put arbitrary limits on what a person may take from the ocean and that's not a bad thing because it prevents over harvesting by greedy people, however the enforcement is too wide spread to be very effective and after all it just lines the purse of the states general fund that never seems to be enough.

The forests and open lands in this state avaiable for hunting game has been so poorly managed it is pathetic. Has anyone from DFW ever did a quantifiable survery of the buck to doe ratio in this state? Has anyone from DFW observe the winter migration where it's very obvious, even to the untrained eye that something is vary out of balance with the few bucks that show any maturity to the number of does. Shame on you for not taking a more proactive roll in long term management of our resources.

I'll jump down from my soap box, and let others chime in with their observations.

Upvote 0