longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Launched at 4 this morning with my buddy Rick and an excellent scoop of bait. Only 5 boats in front of us, but was prob 30 behind us by the time we got ours. Cruised out slowly till grey light and made our way to the middle grounds to start, trying to avoid the crowds.

Slowed trolled around for a few calicos but no good marks to stop on. Decided around 630 to head to where the fish have been biting the last couple days but swung by the north side of the pens to check things out. I'm glad we did because there was plenty of fish with only a couple boats on it to start.
    IMG_1388.jpeg
    IMG_1385.jpeg
    IMG_1382.jpeg
    20200619_163654.jpg

We were able to put 7 in the boat all on slow troll 25 and 30lb floro before the bite died slowed. We split to try and catch a couple lings before heading to the barn at 1130. Calicos were on the chew big time and it was hard to keep them away. All our bites came in 45 to 65 ft of water. It sounded like the south end was biting well but there were a lot of boats. Everyone played nice and worked well together. Good luck this weekend and stay safe!
    20200619_170350.jpg

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Sweet! Nice blue lounge lizard... Yum! :food-smil

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
    Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    way to go bud, even got one of my favorites. I told you that karma would be coming back around 👍
    I'll be talking to you soon.

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat
    arima - the SLIDER
    Garmin looks good Cody. Got her dialed in along with the Yellowtail Tunas.

Tailgate display looks good too. Congratulations!

Last edited:
    Reactions: longboard85
    Upvote 0

Constantine

Sep 13, 2014
    Name
    Constantine
    Boat
    20ft Pursuit
    Hey any advise on how to slow troll for yellowtail? I’m new to this type of fishing but I know for salmon we would run a downrigger to get that deep on a slow troll. How do you get down there for yellow tail and what do you troll?

Reactions: longboard85
    Upvote 0