Fishwish

Fishwish
Sep 29, 2009
Encinitas
Name
Thomas "Bo "Bolender
Boat
Sold the Black Hole
Anyone out there fished off of the Islander?
How does she fish, how's the crew and can the cook, cook?

Fishwish

Upvote 0

12tunaman

May 14, 2009
Phoenix
Name
Gabriel
Boat
anyone willing to share
Really a nice boat. Great captain and the nicest crew. Really nice staterooms and the food is great. Never heard anything but positive comments about them.

Upvote 0

fishnazzi

Mostly just LURKING anymore...........
Feb 24, 2008
Out West....somewhere
Name
Troy
Boat
Which one.............
History lesson.........started life as the Red RoosterII, then Pescador, then PT. Loma and now Islander. They have done a lot of work on her to make it a very nice comfortable boat. All the Ditmars got soul, that one has a storied past for killing fish.

Upvote 0

Fatboy2852

Iam THE Paddy Daddy
Sep 3, 2006
San Diego
Name
Tom
Boat
None
Nice boat, Jason works hard to put you on fish. Great crew, will always help you out. Boat is solid (Ditmar) and comfortable, good food. Youll have a good time. :jig:

Upvote 0

tonto6190

Jul 19, 2007
Redondo Beach
Name
Bryan
Boat
none
Do it. I boarded the Islander 2 times this last summer for 1.5 day trips and I will for sure be going out with them this year. Great crew. Very helpful and positive. Food was awesome. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Ready4TheYellow

The Fishing Guru
Mar 15, 2006
Lomita
Name
Steve
Boat
The Fishing SHO
I charter the boat each year June 6th 2 day trip. I have open spots. For the record there is no cook, but there is an excellent gourmet chef. Awesome boat with crew and very fishy I have spots open for $350.

Upvote 0

Peg North

Peripatetic
May 22, 2009
West Sacramento CA
Name
"Buggywhip"
Boat
Slow Poke
I'm fishing the late April 3-day out to San Martin. Haven't fished her yet but my Lady Angler pals say it's a great skip, crew, platform, very fishy. Also clean.

Upvote 0

PullinAhi

Fisherman
Feb 8, 2008
Mission Viejo
Name
Ryan
Boat
18 foot CC
Our group does a 6 day charter every year in October. Been fishing with Shane since he was running the outer limits. Very good tight opperation. The crew has been the same for years and is very professional and works solid together. Very fishy boat. Not one bad thing to say about it!

Upvote 0

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Islander
Nice boat, Jason works hard to put you on fish. Great crew, will always help you out. Boat is solid (Ditmar) and comfortable, good food. Youll have a good time. :jig:

Who is Jason? :D

Anyhow, whether John or Shane run the boat, great captain either way. Crew was superb on the trips I made. food was good, I would go again in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0

Fatboy2852

Iam THE Paddy Daddy
Sep 3, 2006
San Diego
Name
Tom
Boat
None
OOOPS, Ment to say Shane, Anyway great crew and boat!

Upvote 0

chef92107

Jul 23, 2008
san diego
Name
Gabriel
Boat
Big
I have fished the Islander 9-10 times and have left impressed everytime. Jason, John and Shane are all great guys that will work hard so you enjoye your time on the water.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Who is Jason? :D

Anyhow, whether John or Shane run the boat, great captain either way. Crew was superb on the trips I made. food was good, I would go again in a heartbeat.

Jason's one of the deckhands with his ticket. He ran an overnight charter I was on last year.

Upvote 0

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
Anyone out there fished off of the Islander?
How does she fish, how's the crew and can the cook, cook?

Fishwish

I have fished it on a two day. Good, professional operation and the food was really, really good. I will be going on this boat again.

Upvote 0