Islander - 3 Day - Froggy goes Fishing - Video

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by MF-FISHING, Oct 7, 2018.

1. MF-FISHING

MF-FISHING Member

Name:
    Miles
    Boat:
    Robalo 2120
    I was invited on this 3 day trip aboard the Islander with a group....Froggy goes Fishing..... 24 anglers that were pumped up to go Kill some fish!!! This was my 1st time on the Islander. Some of you may know the Islander for there mother-ship Kayak trips and for Shark diving trips. This is an absolutely great boat. With Staterooms and a Galley that has all the amenities one could want. The Captain and Crew were on point......And Chef Eddie did a great job at keeping us all full, with some of the best food i have ever had. We arrived at the docks at 8:00 a.m. and started to load our gear right away. Once we got loaded, we were on our way to the bait receiver. Had our meeting in the galley then next stop was San Clemente Island to try for the Bluefin Night bite. We arrived at 10:00 pm and started fishing right away. With 30 mph winds made it difficult on our drifts. We fished for about 4 hours for nothing!!! Around 2:00 a.m. the captain made the decision to head south towards the Yellowfin, Dorado and those annoying Skipjack grounds. We all wanted to get a Bluefin but with 30 mph wind and swells 8' to 12' it was the right decision. We didn't get to the YFT grounds until around noon the next day and the wind was still hanging around. Once we arrived it was great fishing for the next 2 days. Most of the fish we caught on bait with a few coming on Poppers, Megabaits and Colt Snipers. I fishing the southern area mainly with 25# test. I ended up with limits of YFT and lost 2 good size Dorados at gaff. And of course tossed back more Skipjack than I can count. It was great trip on an great boat.

Video is with new editing software that I suck at using!!!

20180916_095831.jpg

No time to stop the boat for Skipjack!!!
    3C36F1F01A66F414259B66980D37D8F6.jpg

Flying Skippy's
    BE3EC434AB902CE6A474916EC30942A3.jpg

B3C64BE3AE9962A7AF8D190872A53A44.jpg

20180917_070943.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    negitoro, Bwood, kbray001 and 5 others like this.
  2. yo-mama

yo-mama Member

Name:
    ja
    Boat:
    magic
    :appl:

MF-FISHING likes this.
  3. Tunaslam

Tunaslam I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Cory Visser
    Boat:
    N/A
    A dandy trip, minus the bad weather!

MF-FISHING likes this.
  4. MF-FISHING

MF-FISHING Member

Name:
    Miles
    Boat:
    Robalo 2120
    Seems like every trip I go on has been windy!!! Minus the wind, it was awesome!!!

5. MF-FISHING

MF-FISHING Member

Name:
    Miles
    Boat:
    Robalo 2120
    Thanks man!!!

6. negitoro

negitoro Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    bruce
    Boat:
    ISLANDER, NEW LO-AN
    Congrats! I have had nothing but awesome trips with great service on the Islander. I was on the trip or two before yours. We did the opposite. Limited on dodos and YFT with all the skippies you could handle. Then we went BFT hunting landing 8. Their season is over. They run those awesome shark trips. Cool to see the boat on Shark week. Can't wait till next season!

MF-FISHING likes this.
  7. Yella1

Yella1 So Fishy

Name:
    Jarrod
    Boat:
    Pay to Play
    Wow, that looked like SO much fun! Thanks for sharing!

MF-FISHING likes this.