Isee the Monte Carlo is in SMB just outside Redondo harbor today?

Saba Slayer

Saba Slayer
Oct 19, 2004
Palos Verdes
Name
Jim Salazar
Boat
18' Welcraft CC, Hobie PA 14 and Hobie Outback
BONES...
I was out in the kayak yesterday and there were about 6 sporties trolling around poaching my spot...LOL...no other private boats out there in the am.

Jim / Saba Slayer

Azarkon

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat
N/A
There is a well known spot called rocky point on the Santa Monica Bay side of Palos Verdes that is frequented by party boats and private boats, for the reason that this place seems to attract a lot of surface species, from bass to bonito to yellow.

The half day boats from Long Beach and the Santa Monica Bay boats both visit the place when it's on the bite; when you see Santa Monica boats get on the surface action, this or outside of King's Harbor is usually where they're at.

It takes about one and a half hours to get there on a party boat from Long Beach. Usually only 2 to 3 hours of fishing time there on a half day trip, before they have to head back. They wouldn't make the trip unless they think it's worth it.

Last edited:

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Windy as all hell in the normal areas they fish. PV and North generally miss the Santa Anas altogether. I grew up in Redondo Beach and didn't know what a Santa Ana wind was until my teens.

ja73

Almost A Member
Sep 1, 2017
SGV
Name
Jay
Boat
Arima SC16
Looks like the Monte Carlo was fishing the Redondo trench and Rocky Point.

r8rs4lf

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 17, 2017
Tree Juan ho
Name
Al
Boat
Salty AF
I was out in the shoe today, nothing but crickets! No sport boats around anywhere. I thought they all headed to Catalina with the flat seas.

Latest posts