Almost A Member
Feb 18, 2020
Los Angeles
Name
Rob
Boat
None
Hey guys,
I'm taking my gf on a 1.5 this Friday night out of H&M and need some advice on weather conditions this Fri. It'll be her first overnighter and don't want the first time out to be a miserable experience. If it's decent I'll go for it, but if it's likely to get dicey I'll prob try to find a replacement.

Windy app is saying these conditions. Thanks in advance.

1624311698740.png

Reactions: 951FISH
Upvote 0

pascuale

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Ethan
    Boat
    3rd world country panga fleet
    Its gonna be a bit bumpy with some swell. If its her first time she might not be too stoked, but then again the fishing is good. It doesn't matter how shitty it is when the fish are chewing. Go for it! You never know when its the last trip.

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 20, 2004
    El Lago Tijuana
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    5ft 6 seconds. no problem. Tip the deck hands when you get on the boat and say this is her first trip, let me know if she needs help. $20 each. stay with her as much as possible. You will be fine.

if she gets sea sick do the meds 24 hours before boarding, avoid acidic foods and drinks.

enjoy

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    To my little Arima, that’s a big HELL NO! But to a party boat, it ain’t that bad.

Like mentioned above, get her some motion sickness pills, and grab some ginger (real ginger) candy. That will help a nauseated stomach.

Reactions: goldfinger81
    Upvote 0

goldfinger81

Almost A Member
    Feb 18, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    None
    Thanks fellas! Sounds like the conditions will be interesting to say the least. I like the recs on how to use the conditions to my advantage though😆

Will decide today or tomorrow, hopefully should be able to fill the spots if necessary since the fishing is so good right now.

Upvote 0

951FISH

Almost A Member
  • May 26, 2006
    Lake Elsinore
    Name
    Darrell Reid
    Boat
    20' Trophy
    She was sick Wednesday night, and this happened Thursday, Her 176# and 132#, me 125#.
    She didn't take the Bonine until we arrived at the landing, boat was American Angler, sea was a bit grumpy at 5-6', 7 seconds, wind 15-20.
    Take the GF, she will be fine.
    Previous suggestion of seasick meds should be Bonine 2 hrs before getting to the landing, then follow directions for the rest of the trip.
    You didn't say what boat.

Tami and I at landing with bft.jpg

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I'm not a fan of 6 sec. Intervals all night.

Reactions: goldfinger81
    Upvote 0