Is This Enough Wahoo Bombs for an October 10-Day?

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
If it is slow- yes.
If it is good- No...

In October , on a 10 day- expect Good...
you should have about 6-12 bombs and 6-12 raider type jigs if you are strictly a artificial type fisherman.
If you like to fish bait some then drop that amount down by 25-30 %..

you colors are great for the Capt Jimmys.. I usually just split it between the green dorado and Halloweens now.
80lb braid to 130 lb floro= perfect

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    I say take at least 20 of mixed colors, And fish them the way Soda Pop does. Your going to loose some, But your getting bit.

Upvote 0

alan760

Dec 7, 2003
    Encinitas, CA
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    American Angler
    Yes. I bring a whole tray of bombs and wahoo jigs and only seem to use 4-5. My go to wahoo lure is a green bomb for sure. Buy some wire leaders for sardine fishing. When wahoo fishing is scratchy casting a sardine off the bow can be effective when everyone else is in the stern.

Upvote 0

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
    Jan 10, 2010
    Junction City OR
    Name
    Rod Lathrop
    Boat
    24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
    Thanks all for the input. Very helpful. I think I will pick up another 5, get them in S.D. prior to getting on the boat. Possibly have recent Intel on what has been working lately.

Reactions: sealskinner
    Upvote 0

RichG

Jan 20, 2007
    California
    Name
    Richard G/
    Boat
    none
    Thanks all for the input. Very helpful. I think I will pick up another 5, get them in S.D. prior to getting on the boat. Possibly have recent Intel on what has been working lately.
    You’ll get a better deal, buying six from his web site. Just google it.

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    What ever boat you go on check that their tackle supplies are up to date. Start with purchasing the boat’s tackle, then move on to your supply.

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen
    that was a cluster f...k, especially since i am used to landing skins in under a minute... Sometimes the fish wins and sometimes we win.. For me, Wahoo fishing is my favorite time of the trip..
    This. Tell us more about this, Jaime. Namely, what reel and braid/mono/fluoro/topshot/leader combination and set up? I get the "keep the rod pointed at the fish and wind, wind, wind..." But "used to" under a minute? Damn.

Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
    Visalia, CA
    Name
    Blaine Lake
    Boat
    none
    This. Tell us more about this, Jaime. Namely, what reel and braid/mono/fluoro/topshot/leader combination and set up? I get the "keep the rod pointed at the fish and wind, wind, wind..." But "used to" under a minute? Damn.
    He uses a Stella on a crooked bamboo rod with guides taped on with electrical tape. I think he caught a marlin on that rig on our trip.

• Haha
    Reactions: nicodemus
    Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen
    If anyone could do it with that setup, it's probably Jaime. However, I don't think he uses a Stella...

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Arthritis this. It's like winding in slack line. Color fast. Most bite offs come on the sink, winding to slow, or slack line

1602395_a9a36226427c3ea0dbe5c740aa519f37_edit_97805756149138.jpg

Reactions: woodfish330
    W
    woodfish330
    ALWAYS....always start by engaging your reel.... as soon as the jig/bomb hits the water. You don't have to start winding right away.... but put it in gear brother. ZZZZZZ's right... losing jigs in freespool on the initial sink.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Btw. The 12 casting jig wahoo landed out of 52 boat fish at HB on the raider with owner treble. With allot troll fish. Was in 2.5 days before we moved to outside clarion

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0