Trent

Almost A Member
Jul 16, 2009
Olympia WA
Name
Trent E Rickman
Boat
20' NorthWest Signature
... or just my general lack of personal hygiene? Or both....

Not even Steve could ward off the skunk stank on Monday!!! We put Clifford in the Chehalis just above the Satsop first thing in the morning and took a slow drive down river in the fog to take a look. The Satsop was spewing chocolate syrup at a rate of about 1400 cf/s, combining with the chocolate milk in the Chehalis, which was on the rise from 2200 to 3200 cf/s, making for a raging mess! So we decided to search up stream a couple miles... we only saw about 6 or 7 fish jump in that entire stretch and no takers. The Chehalis was rising so fast, the water level was the same as the high tide when we returned to the ramp at low tide.

Our "backup plan" was to check the salt for chum... so we drove up to Shelton and did a once around Oakland Bay. Nothing! We ran down Hammersly Inlet, didn't see a thing, so we decided to call it a day. As we're heading back to Shelton, I almost ran over a school of chum rolling right in the middle of the channel. We rigged anchovies below bobbers as quickly as we could and began tossing 'em at the school. But those chum were very unwilling to hold in one spot for very long and would only come up and roll occasionally. So we headed for the barn, stopping a Lumberman's to replace a broken bolt on the kicker motor bracket...

I hope you all have better success than we did! STICK 'EM IN THE FACE!!! :finger:

Upvote 0

baja kid

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 8, 2010
Olympia Wa, usa
Name
kelly c
Boat
18ft sealaker porthole
Trent,
Try Eld inlet with the bobber and small herring or chovie caught one yesterday about #12lb had spawing colors already. anchor up across from the spit .
USING FLORO AND SMALL OWNERS hooks.

Upvote 0