Start Me Up Sportfishing

Surfdad

May 13, 2011
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
RC
Boat
Papa
Aloha, My neighbor has a 30ft Surratt that he wants to sell. What do you all think of this boat? It needs some work on the diesel motor but otherwise looks pretty clean? Do you have any info on this boat of what it might be worth? mahalo!

Upvote 0

DoubletroubleII

Fish On!
Nov 18, 2008
Placerville, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
19' Harbercraft
Just popping in..........I have never heard of a boat manufactured by "Surratt"? Seems doing a google thing the Surratt name in associated with a escaping on a small boat 200 years ago?

Upvote 0

tyra-jae

Jul 10, 2009
Kailua,HI
Name
Richard/Russell
Boat
30' Surratt
It's been fine for us. Some water splashes in but it drains right out. With trim tabs the ride is even better. If you don't mind, where is the one you're looking at located?

Upvote 0

Da rabbit

Jun 2, 2014
Name
Da rabbit
Boat
Force
Howzit surfdad, like the other bruddahs said , surratt can handle pretty much anything. Know couple guys and they both been to hell and back fishing those boats.

Upvote 0

kapnd

Almost A Member
Jul 22, 2007
haleiwa Hawaii
Name
don
Boat
ss minnow
All over hell and back many times, a great hull and not many around.
A good strike boat, mine has been fantastic for me, so good that I wore it out and then rebuilt it from stringers up! Lengthened to 32', handles rough all the better.
The low sides take surprisingly little slop, and make it super easy to work out of. Deck drains well, never a problem.
BTW it's for sale on craigslist, blue/white one in Haleiwa, I have a BIG project underway, gotta let the old girl go.
Turnkey fishing machine, ready to rock!

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
THERE'S ENOUGH AROUND TO GET GOOD INFO GUYS ON THE MAINLAND DON'T KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT KINDA OBVIOUS! CHECK UNDER THE DECK AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GOOD LUCK

Upvote 0

kapnd

Almost A Member
Jul 22, 2007
haleiwa Hawaii
Name
don
Boat
ss minnow
Actually were a few Surrats built on the mainland by one of the sons, the mold was stretched and widened.
Saw one in Puget Sound a few years back, it was unmistakable!
There were also a few sent to Alaska.
Mine is still up for sale, and I'm open to offers! eight zero eight
two six five
three six nine nine

Upvote 0

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
Jun 18, 2008
Vallejo, CA
Name
Eric W.
Boat
Tunacious 238 Coastal Twin 150-E
They look pretty damn sturdy! Sort of like a skippy in front! 30 feet and diesel! Sounds good to me! Stringers are good, I would go for it.

Upvote 0

Beauchat2

Almost A Member
Aug 21, 2012
oahu
Name
Russ
Boat
22 Force flybridge DEEEEZEL, 16 Arima Sandbar Queen
How much is he asking for it? Maybe you can give us a little more info than "some work on the diesel motor." Fished on a friends surratt for several years its a nice boat. Very stable. Hes primarily a bottom guy but itll do everyting you need for hawaii waters from trolling to pounding the buoy.. As you know the more stable a boat is you give up something in the other department. Its no knife but it still a solid local boat. I recommend having smoeone who knows diesel check it out. Maybe it needs a complete tear down and rebuld, maybe its just swapping some parts. You definitely want to be in the know if its needs a full rebuild/replacement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0