Is Rockcod season opened in NorCal?

Blackfincombi

Aug 25, 2019
San Francisco
Name
Paul
Boat Name
Blackfin31
I called DFW today. Was informed by the person answering the phone that Salmon is closed but Rockcod was opened.

This is from the CDFW website last revised Feb 29, 2020

"The recreational fishery for rockfish (Sebastes species) is open year-round to divers and shore-based anglers. This fishery is closed to boat-based anglers from January 1, 2020 through April 30, 2020. Take of these species is prohibited seaward of the 30 fathom depth contour (180 feet), as defined in federal regulations (50 CFR Part 660, Subpart C)"

This is also from the CDFW website last revised Feb. 29, 2020

This fishery is currently open for boat-based angling.

The recreational fishery for rockfish (Sebastes species) is open year-round to divers and shore-based anglers. This fishery is open to boat-based anglers from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Take of these species is prohibited seaward of the 50 fathom depth contour (300 feet), as defined in federal regulations (50 CFR Part 660, Subpart C).

Which one is it? Opened or Closed?

Upvote 0

eliner

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2008
PACIFIC GROVE/CA/USA
Name
DAVID
Boat Name
E-LINER
Some reports of enforcing shelter in place orders, If you are not of same household or alone you may get cited by sheriff. This is SF bay area, Also commercial fishing is allowed.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat Name
    Boats n hoes
    Some reports of enforcing shelter in place orders, If you are not of same household or alone you may get cited by sheriff. This is SF bay area, Also commercial fishing is allowed.
    Moved in with my buddy a month ago but haven't been able to change my address since DMV is closed..... Or at least that's the excuse you can use.

Upvote 0