sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
Still closed. Results back from the lab next week. If they are clean should reopen quickly.

Reactions: Tunahead
Upvote 0

Pablo2fish

A humble student of the game.
Oct 27, 2008
Newport Beach
Name
Paul
Boat
Aquasport 250 Explorer
I was fishing the Clemente kelp down south and the DFG Vessel the Thresher pulled up to me. The told me it was closed and it was a no take. I let them know I was fishing bass and that I never take any. I welcomed them to check the fish box if they wanted to see for themselves, and they declined. The proceeded to tell me "No take" means no fishing.
Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Upvote 0

docupat

Just one of the crew!
Sep 4, 2010
OC, CA USA
Name
PL
Boat
A Classic
I was fishing the Clemente kelp down south and the DFG Vessel the Thresher pulled up to me. The told me it was closed and it was a no take. I let them know I was fishing bass and that I never take any. I welcomed them to check the fish box if they wanted to see for themselves, and they declined. The proceeded to tell me "No take" means no fishing.
Blink 182 Reaction GIF
Pablo, I thought they were wrong and you were in the right...... I was wrong.

Definitions: Take, Finfish, Pelagic Finfish, and Coastal Pelagic Species​

Take (Fish and Game Code, Section 86) means hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill, or attempt to hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill. ("Take" is also defined in CCR Title 14, Section 1.80)

Finfish (CCR Title 14, Section 632(a)(2)), as defined for purposes of MPA regulations, are any species of bony fish or cartilaginous fish (sharks, skates and rays). Finfish do not include amphibians, invertebrates, plants or algae.

Pelagic finfish (CCR Title 14, Section 632(a)(3)),..........

Glad they didn't write you up. Hopefully this will be over soon.

Upvote 0

simmo13

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 12, 2010
Lb inshore
Name
Simmo
Boat
19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
It is over they are just dragging it out for some odd reason. I wonder if we can ask for refund on our licenses 😜

F
fishdog43
It's just more of Commiefornia's war against consumptive outdoor sports (aka fishing and hunting). The tree huggers in charge don't like either and will use any excuse to stop either, even if only temporary.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Pablo2fish

A humble student of the game.
Oct 27, 2008
Newport Beach
Name
Paul
Boat
Aquasport 250 Explorer
Pablo, I thought they were wrong and you were in the right...... I was wrong.

Definitions: Take, Finfish, Pelagic Finfish, and Coastal Pelagic Species​

Take (Fish and Game Code, Section 86) means hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill, or attempt to hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill. ("Take" is also defined in CCR Title 14, Section 1.80)

Finfish (CCR Title 14, Section 632(a)(2)), as defined for purposes of MPA regulations, are any species of bony fish or cartilaginous fish (sharks, skates and rays). Finfish do not include amphibians, invertebrates, plants or algae.

Pelagic finfish (CCR Title 14, Section 632(a)(3)),..........

Glad they didn't write you up. Hopefully this will be over soon.
Very sneaky, leave it to the government to use ambiguous terminology so they can write more tickets and make more $$$.

Upvote 0