*FishyGirl*

Oct 19, 2012
San Diego
Name
FishyGirl
Boat
n/a
Hi everyone - thanks for the interest.

First of all - we 0/10 do not recommend trying to build out a new location during a pandemic. We know from past experience that the permitting process is full of delays - but the shut down with the pandemic really amplified this experience.

Anyhow, we received occupancy last week. We will be open for processing starting this coming Sunday April 18th. We are still waiting for the hood to be signed off by the fire marshall before we can fire up the smoker and restock the retail side with our smoked cheese, smoked fish, and tuna jerky. We do have fully stocked shelves with the FP Gourmet rubs and seasoning .. and we do have a short release of a new Fisherman's Processing Old Town t-shirt to celebrate the new location (in addition to the original.)

We've been covering the entire construction process on our instagram (@fishermans_processing) so you can check there to see videos and photos of the new location.

We're excited to move to a location that offers better retail opportunities, less traffic from liberty station, and a bigger processing room - we outgrew the old location and have been looking to relocate to something bigger and better for several years. I guess we built the first location during a recession - and now the second location during a pandemic, so that's a good sign, right? lol

Oh - edited to add: If you need to make reservations, you can now text us at 619-255-3128; call us there; or email [email protected]

-Kristen

Last edited:

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
Hi everyone - thanks for the interest.

First of all - we 0/10 do not recommend trying to build out a new location during a pandemic. We know from past experience that the permitting process is full of delays - but the shut down with the pandemic really amplified this experience.

Anyhow, we received occupancy last week. We will be open for processing starting this coming Sunday April 17th. We are still waiting for the hood to be signed off by the fire marshall before we can fire up the smoker and restock the retail side with our smoked cheese, smoked fish, and tuna jerky. We do have fully stocked shelves with the FP Gourmet rubs and seasoning .. and we do have a short release of a new Fisherman's Processing Old Town t-shirt to celebrate the new location (in addition to the original.)

We've been covering the entire construction process on our instagram (@fishermans_processing) so you can check there to see videos and photos of the new location.

We're excited to move to a location that offers better retail opportunities, less traffic from liberty station, and a bigger processing room - we outgrew the old location and have been looking to relocate to something bigger and better for several years. I guess we built the first location during a recession - and now the second location during a pandemic, so that's a good sign, right? lol

Oh - edited to add: If you need to make reservations, you can now text us at 619-255-3128; call us there; or email [email protected]

-Kristen
Reservation made and confirmed! Can't wait to see the new place.

Reactions: *FishyGirl*
Upvote 0

*FishyGirl*

Oct 19, 2012
San Diego
Name
FishyGirl
Boat
n/a
Kristen
Just text Sean 8 reservations for Vagabond/ Phenix 3day and 2 reservations for Vagabond/ Phenix 7day
Thanks
M
Thanks - I can't confirm myself since I don't work there 'officially', just lots of behind the scenes support for Sean ... and of course, cooking and developing new rubs :) If you don't get a return confirmation, please check back in.

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
la mesa ca
Name
mike de vito
Boat
20ft nitro
All I work next door to the new location. They have a small parking lot in the rear of the building. Not much parking on the street. You can park at Perrys across PCH. Look to be a good spot at least for me AS I can walk from my office in 2 minutes Best of luck with the new location Cheers

Upvote 0

*FishyGirl*

Oct 19, 2012
San Diego
Name
FishyGirl
Boat
n/a
I have a couple of shipping coolers that I will be sending before my Oct 10 day trip. Is your policy still the same as far as storing these until my trip?
That's a good question :) Since I don't 'work' there, I'm going to refer you to the front office for a definitive answer. You can text or call at 619-255-3128.

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    That's a good question :) Since I don't 'work' there, I'm going to refer you to the front office for a definitive answer. You can text or call at 619-255-3128.
    If you don't work their, What's your relation to Fishermans processing?

F
    *FishyGirl*
    I'm Sean's wife; I develop the rubs and seasonings and create the recipes you see on our social media along with the video's, and I do all the social media for them. But I have my own full time career. The rest is 'support' work to help out that I don't collect a paycheck for, if that makes sense.
    Upvote 0

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    John Gleaves
    Boat
    20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
    Kristen, is the store open yet for walk in purchases of rubs, spices, etc.

Od see processing is happening, but have been waiting for the storefront.

Please let us know.

Upvote 0

*FishyGirl*

Oct 19, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    FishyGirl
    Boat
    n/a
    Kristen, is the store open yet for walk in purchases of rubs, spices, etc.

Od see processing is happening, but have been waiting for the storefront.

Please let us know.
    Actually ..yes! They just finished their load and bag of the tuna jerky today. We are now stocked on the retail side with our Hickory Smoked Fish (Tuna and Wahoo): Tuna Jerky (Spicy, Pepper, or Teriyaki); and the Applewood Smoked Cheeses (Sharp Cheddar; Gouda; Pepper Jack and Parmesan).

All Rubs are in stock, along with our Brine, Panko, and Beer Batter ... oh and WiggleTail Treats of course. Those can also all be purchased online at www.fpgourmet.com if you aren't local.

Hours right now are 9am to 2pm Daily.

Reactions: darthfoster
    Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Where do these fish processors get their fish to make Fish Jerky and smoked fish?? I wish they had more than smoked wahoo or tuna. It would be nice for smoked salmon.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: plj46 and ZZZZZ
    Upvote 0