IRT REELS ARE THE SHIT!

Sirgonzolot

Jan 17, 2021
Pa
Name
Stephen Gonzalez
Boat
Intrepid
Recently I have been preparing for a series of trips from the East coast to the West coast as well as down to Gulf Coast. In preparing for this, I have been selling all my NON American made reels as a start for the American made only theme. I knew going in this would be expensive but it is time to support MADE IN THE USA. This IRT 700 Reel feels Amazing! Smooth, anodization is perfect, seals and the drag! Wow! The reel has a drag plate larger than any reel conventional or spinning I have seen. I haven't seen everything but the softest drag to 40plus ! Did not have much fun in Jersey from the shore with my Mxl Raptor and Accurate BV400-2, I just needed different gear but I tried. I went home to regroup and get a good spinning reel that could maybe crossover to big ANYTHING ANYWHERE category and a Rod that may accommodate both jigging, popping, trolling. After some conversations with the East Coast guys it may be a better option to have two rods instead of an in-between rod like the crossover ability this reel is able to do. A 7.5ft rod for the boats and a 12ft for the Jersey shore. Comes with a plastic box/case your Hitachi hand tools would come in for ultimate protection. Along with a rag, grease, lube and a small wrench to open her up to lube. This reel was purchased off Ebay directly from IRT at a great price. They lied about this reel being used, IT IS PERFECTLY NEW ! Those guys as a whole get a high 5 from me on the product as well as who they are as a team. Making the best product they can being the goal is a great place to start. Read the story of where these guys came from and you will agree, they have the knowledge, team and passion for fishing Tools.

Sirgonzolot

Jan 17, 2021
Pa
Name
Stephen Gonzalez
Boat
Intrepid
O Yeah The Koolaid Reel.

tempImageztyZyd.png

Reactions: Capt Richie
Upvote 0

Whalebreath

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
I remember when those were in development some people doubted they'd ever get to market- glad to see they made it and are having some success.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Recently I have been preparing for a series of trips from the East coast to the West coast as well as down to Gulf Coast. In preparing for this, I have been selling all my NON American made reels as a start for the American made only theme. I knew going in this would be expensive but it is time to support MADE IN THE USA. This IRT 700 Reel feels Amazing! Smooth, anodization is perfect, seals and the drag! Wow! The reel has a drag plate larger than any reel conventional or spinning I have seen. I haven't seen everything but the softest drag to 40plus ! Did not have much fun in Jersey from the shore with my Mxl Raptor and Accurate BV400-2, I just needed different gear but I tried. I went home to regroup and get a good spinning reel that could maybe crossover to big ANYTHING ANYWHERE category and a Rod that may accommodate both jigging, popping, trolling. After some conversations with the East Coast guys it may be a better option to have two rods instead of an in-between rod like the crossover ability this reel is able to do. A 7.5ft rod for the boats and a 12ft for the Jersey shore. Comes with a plastic box/case your Hitachi hand tools would come in for ultimate protection. Along with a rag, grease, lube and a small wrench to open her up to lube. This reel was purchased off Ebay directly from IRT at a great price. They lied about this reel being used, IT IS PERFECTLY NEW ! Those guys as a whole get a high 5 from me on the product as well as who they are as a team. Making the best product they can being the goal is a great place to start. Read the story of where these guys came from and you will agree, they have the knowledge, team and passion for fishing Tools.
You wouldn't by any chance happen to be affiliated with them would you ?

• Haha
Reactions: Cheese Burt
Upvote 0

Sirgonzolot

Jan 17, 2021
Pa
Name
Stephen Gonzalez
Boat
Intrepid
I wish cause I would have every one HA HA! I have this one reel and it just seems wrong to spend that kind of chingage on a smaller reel no matter what the color. But you never know after next week when I go back to Jersey and try it out. Never met anyone there. Im impressed by a classification used reel on Ebay that is Mint and a drag washer the size of the spool on a coffee grinder! No handle pressure at all and is as smooth as a Stella! A sexy Red coffee grinder I might add! Im landlocked on lake Pymatuning! I design and install draft beer systems. Well not anymore since covid closed my business down. Been down for a few years for some family issues, but I have a new bucket list of fish to kill to bring my inner me up and am gathering some of the best tools possible to do it. I want to sell my house and get a boat to live on and get the fuck back to what I love. Fishing the oceans. Any one here needs any help with a draft beer system in any way. Ask away!

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I just checked the prices.They better be "the shit"

Upvote 0

AKSalmon

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 15, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Name
    Bill Brown
    Boat
    Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
    I'm intrigued, but the original post said only that the OP liked the reel. What's good about it? Great drag? Smooth retrieve? Reliable? Easy to work on? Are there any detailed and honest reviews you can recommend? Is it cast or CNC? How does it compare to a Penn Torque or Shimano Stella, or even a Daiwa BG? There have been lots of start up reel companies that didn't survive...

Upvote 0

Sirgonzolot

Jan 17, 2021
    Pa
    Name
    Stephen Gonzalez
    Boat
    Intrepid
    I'm intrigued, but the original post said only that the OP liked the reel. What's good about it? Great drag? Smooth retrieve? Reliable? Easy to work on? Are there any detailed and honest reviews you can recommend? Is it cast or CNC? How does it compare to a Penn Torque or Shimano Stella, or even a Daiwa BG? There have been lots of start up reel companies that didn't survive...
    This is more of im happy I have a made in the USA option and let BD guys know. Drag is very smooth as I can only attest so far to ripping it with my hands. Wet drag. Smooth as heck retrieve. Reliability, I haven't been able to find any bad stories so far except for someone mentioning the screws and a rocking boat loosening them which I haven't had happen to any of my reels, but you never know there. Body is sealed. Cnc machined with plates on both sides of the body means more screws and a gasket on both sides. Tough to get a comparison on all the other three brands to this one unless you have had them all and I have only used a Torque and never worked on one, same designer though. The design seems simple, drags are easy to clean and lube as or if needed. You can upgrade the reel to a dual drag spool. Called today, got an additional spool and was informed you can send the reel in, get upgraded parts, bearings etc and spool to add 15 lbs more drag. 100.00$ . You cant use the dual drag spool till its upgraded but you can still use the single drag spool once it has which is good. Your not throwing your money away. Its alot of money for a new one so I wanted to try one of the less expensive option ones first. You can pull the bail closing rod from the side by removing one screw so you can close the bail over by hand instead of manually turning the handle without digging into the reel. Hopefully I can take it close to breaking with some monsters. My point is that it is the American option I will use and have not heard any horror stories of being under designed or faulty. Im happy with the purchase. A lot more people use spinning tackle on the east coast down Florida. Thats all I got so far! Lets see how the weekend goes on the stripies.

Upvote 0

Sirgonzolot

Jan 17, 2021
    Pa
    Name
    Stephen Gonzalez
    Boat
    Intrepid
    Tried again over on the Jersey shore for Stripers, for a big NADA! More bluefish than anything and was not a test for this reel at all. 700 is a bit much for this style of fishing. No issues, its a beast so far. I paired it with a St. Croix AVID Surf IPC 9'6 MH FAST for casting and popping and a Shimano Trevela px 6'6 TVXFS66H for jigging. If the Trevala doesn't get tested in Cali it will in Florida. Going for a personal best Amber jack which will be easy cause I haven't got one over 10lbs. BFT and YT from SD on the TG80 next month. Hopefully we will have beautiful weather and be in a wide open bite or two via the red coffee grinder, and then hand off one and watch someone else get beat up on the heavy spinning stuff.

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
    Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    19"Gregor
    I wish cause I would have every one HA HA! I have this one reel and it just seems wrong to spend that kind of chingage on a smaller reel no matter what the color. But you never know after next week when I go back to Jersey and try it out. Never met anyone there. Im impressed by a classification used reel on Ebay that is Mint and a drag washer the size of the spool on a coffee grinder! No handle pressure at all and is as smooth as a Stella! A sexy Red coffee grinder I might add! Im landlocked on lake Pymatuning! I design and install draft beer systems. Well not anymore since covid closed my business down. Been down for a few years for some family issues, but I have a new bucket list of fish to kill to bring my inner me up and am gathering some of the best tools possible to do it. I want to sell my house and get a boat to live on and get the fuck back to what I love. Fishing the oceans. Any one here needs any help with a draft beer system in any way. Ask away!
    So it's just a coincidence their made in the same state your from ? Spam happens

Reactions: Let em eat 74
    Upvote 0

Sirgonzolot

Jan 17, 2021
    Pa
    Name
    Stephen Gonzalez
    Boat
    Intrepid
    Ebay. Coincidentally, again if i was which im not wish i was, it wouldent be an old model! American made. Loved the storie, great reel... I didnt think anyone here knew of another company that makes custom anodized reels like Avet that wasnt shit. Take it or leave it. Try it or dont. Thought this was an informative Site! I have one and i informed. Stella, Van stall great teels i dont have yet. Didnt want to pay full price so i used EBAY!

Upvote 0