Invincible at pdx boat show

no excuses

Jun 11, 2012
Oregon/USA
Name
Stan
Boat
28' pacific WA
Saw this at the Portland boat show last night. 37' invincible cat, quad merc 300's and only $765k lol. They have a 39' monohull coming if cats are not your thing. This 37' would be a good fill in boat for Lawrence till his new allied cat gets done 😆 20220113_171433.jpg

Last edited:

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
My ass is way too cheap. I’d rather stick with the next feral and buy a winter place in Baja. Still be money ahead 😂

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2013
Oakville,WA
Name
Allan
Boat
Osprey 26 LC / 20 Willie Predator/ 16 Willie DB/ ARSC Guadalupe
Don't get me wrong I'd love to take it for a ride but these mega center consoles just don't appeal to me much. It's crazy how they seem to be taking over a large portion of the industry

Upvote 0

Walker Inc.

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
Don't get me wrong I'd love to take it for a ride but these mega center consoles just don't appeal to me much. It's crazy how they seem to be taking over a large portion of the industry
Coming from a guy who know owns a 40ft Dorado. Captain Allan”40ft Dorado” Palmerson
1643039923536.jpeg

Reactions: wdlfbio
Upvote 0

Let em eat 74

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 12, 2016
Newport Beach
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
I know someone who has owned a couple Freemans. The appeal is that he can work until 3, go to the boat, haul ass to San Clemente, fish the sundowner, and still get home before dark with another cow bft. They say money can buy you anything but time, 1200 horses and a 70+ top end would say otherwise.

Upvote 0

OMEGA

Dec 17, 2007
WA
Name
MCS
Boat
40 Cabo FB
I have always enjoyed center consoles. Currently have a 22 Pursuit CC as a fun boat and it is just that. I think a 33 Invicible would be great in the Northwest if used as a tender to a larger boat. That is where the market is IMO. Each time I am looking at making a move boat wise I consider a big center console but for my uses being 50/50 family/fish it just doesn't work right now but maybe some day or if I only wanted to day boat. But as a 2nd boat it is a homerun.

Upvote 0

OMEGA

Dec 17, 2007
WA
Name
MCS
Boat
40 Cabo FB
Part of the consideration is climate as well. At 30 knots there are less than 5 days a year that it is comfortable operating a center console in shorts and t shirt while underway.

Upvote 0

aronht

Aug 15, 2017
S. UT
Name
Aron
Boat
Century 2600 CC
they go 55+ where everyone else is running slower. its mostly only an option for guys that work AND make $350,000+ a year.

we can run at mid 30's to low 40's if smooth and blow past 90% of boats here. We would be slow in florida.

Upvote 0

no excuses

Jun 11, 2012
Oregon/USA
Name
Stan
Boat
28' pacific WA
If I won a big lottery (which will never happen as I dont buy tickets lol) I think it would be great, but it needs a walk around pilot house for our weather up here.

Reactions: G-Spot
Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    I have always enjoyed center consoles. Currently have a 22 Pursuit CC as a fun boat and it is just that. I think a 33 Invicible would be great in the Northwest if used as a tender to a larger boat. That is where the market is IMO. Each time I am looking at making a move boat wise I consider a big center console but for my uses being 50/50 family/fish it just doesn't work right now but maybe some day or if I only wanted to day boat. But as a 2nd boat it is a homerun.
    Casey! 😂.

The average person can’t afford the 33 Invincible as a primary let alone to be used as a tender… I think the market as a tender would severely limit their market. Guys looking in the 30’ range all around the globe have much nicer weather than us poor bastards in the PNW!

I’ll never forget when my buddy showed up from San Diego to go fishing with me in July. It never even dawned on him to bring anything but shorts and flip flops…. We quickly ran to the sporting goods store when he got here for some pants, grundens, and boots! 😂

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Saw her in the water at the Seattle Show today, next to another one lacking the second sponson 😉

Dang thing is large, lots of infloor storage, VERY large fish boxes (front pair are around 7.5’ long each, perfect for our swordfish…

I don’t doubt that they will be able to sell some up here. They did mention a NW Edition, with more eisenglass and even a heater. With that sort of a setup, 5-6 folks will ride pretty damn comfortably.

Hoping I can get a ride on it to see how one actually handles OUR typical sea conditions.

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    Saw her in the water at the Seattle Show today, next to another one lacking the second sponson 😉

Dang thing is large, lots of infloor storage, VERY large fish boxes (front pair are around 7.5’ long each, perfect for our swordfish…

I don’t doubt that they will be able to sell some up here. They did mention a NW Edition, with more eisenglass and even a heater. With that sort of a setup, 5-6 folks will ride pretty damn comfortably.

Hoping I can get a ride on it to see how one actually handles OUR typical sea conditions.
    The next door Westport neighbor when he got his mono up here last year ended up getting a bunch of eisenglass work done. Made it warm and toasty for the guys and a really neat set up.

I did some reading last year on their cat. Interesting on the design of each hull. The hulls aren't symmetrical which supposedly helps minimize or cancel the lean on the turns. Right or wrong the design level is quite a bit different than a lot of the cats.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    There are a few asymmetric models out there. Seems like a legit concept. I’m more curious about how a vented hull will perform in our conditions, especially at slower (25-30 knots compared to 40+ knots) speeds.

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
    Jun 2, 2009
    Seabeck
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
    Wonder how she displaces water at 7-8 knots when re setting your Hali drift amongst 60 boats .. asking for .. well just curious..

And when you power load her half drunk, do you ding all four props at the same time, or do just two take a beating.

Does she get get you front of the line at the bait dock...or at least allow you to cut...

Oh so many questions..

Reactions: FishPimpII
    Upvote 0

PSULion

Apr 9, 2019
    WA
    fishnorthwest.org
    Name
    Barry
    Boat
    13' Gregor
    I have a couple free adult tix + parking pass if anyone wants to go. PM me if u want them, will give priority to friends or FNW members.

Upvote 0

RobertHan

Nov 21, 2020
    USa
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Botnia Targa 25.1 GT
    Is anyone interested in the crab fishing industry? May I ask when the new season of the reality TV show The Deadliest Catch will be held?

Upvote 0