INTRUDER LURES JUST A FLASH IN THE PAN ??

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I will be working with Jerry on a couple of OG lures I got and he has told me that later this year he expects to be in full production. I know I know, we've heard this before but eventually it will be true. :)
some things are worth waiting for.

......just sayin'. :D

jbarbosa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 24, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
Name
John "Rio" Barbosa
Boat
cabo panga
Too late to the party... Although I have two originals that I have been running over the years, I now believe they are overrated against the backdrop of existing new introductions such as the Mag Traks... DTX’s are OK as well but not in the same class durability-wise... Go with the Mag Traks...
JRI blew it by being too late to the market...With good competition out there... time has its consequences..............

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
I still see a market, if you are addicted to wahoo you will have one in your box when they market.
If addicted? Who’s not addicted to trying to get them to bite, to get them hooked up and survive all their antics? I love it!

As far as being too late in the face of other competitor, as long as we fish for Wahoo, we’re going to suffer casualties. If your current bag of tricks is working, just a matter of time before hooks break on your Marauders and Bonita’s, bills on the Nomad get slammed onto the deck and they don’t swim right, etc. Then, 2021, you’ll need to replace some of them, reload the arsenal.

I continue to look forward to the day Jerry gets them to market.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Too late to the party... Although I have two originals that I have been running over the years, I now believe they are overrated against the backdrop of existing new introductions such as the Mag Traks... DTX’s are OK as well but not in the same class durability-wise... Go with the Mag Traks...
JRI blew it by being too late to the market...With good competition out there... time has its consequences..............

LOL "JRI blew it" ....really??? You want to place a bet.....I say when the Intruders are ready for market there will be no problem selling them......maybe
you won't buy one but I think JRI will survive selling one less....JRI is looking at a global market not just So Cal.....

Last edited:

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
LOL "JRI blew it" ....really??? You want to place a bet.....I say when the Intruders are ready for market there will be no problem selling them......maybe
you won't buy one but I think JRI will survive selling one less....JRI is looking at a global market not just So Cal.....
The market is trending to deeper diving wahoo trolling lures nowadays. Every mexican panga or cruiser in baja has been trolling black and purple rapalas for wahoo for 30 years or more. And by the way, Nomad isn't focusing there sales on the Southern California long range market! They are sold world wide! And have the ability to upgrade there products on a regular basis! Don't believe me, ask Ali from bloodydecks! Nomad doesn't say, well wait another year or so! Were still working on finding a solution, or waiting for this or that! Don't get me wrong, I love JRI jigs, they make some of the best surface iron and yoyo jigs on the planet! My tackle boxes are full of them! I probably have a couple hundred! But when it comes to trolling for wahoo, I will fish a Nomad Dtx anyday over anything on the market today! Including a Intruder!

Reactions: jbarbosa and Cubeye

jbarbosa

Oct 24, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
Name
John "Rio" Barbosa
Boat
cabo panga
The market is trending to deeper diving wahoo trolling lures nowadays. Every mexican panga or cruiser in baja has been trolling black and purple rapalas for wahoo for 30 years or more. And by the way, Nomad isn't focusing there sales on the Southern California long range market! They are sold world wide! And have the ability to upgrade there products on a regular basis! Don't believe me, ask Ali from bloodydecks! Nomad doesn't say, well wait another year or so! Were still working on finding a solution, or waiting for this or that! Don't get me wrong, I love JRI jigs, they make some of the best surface iron and yoyo jigs on the planet! My tackle boxes are full of them! I probably have a couple hundred! But when it comes to trolling for wahoo, I will fish a Nomad Dtx anyday over anything on the market today! Including a Intruder!
I couldn’t agree more with Tom... Look... for all the rest of you guys; I’m not saying the Intruders aren’t a good Wahoo option, I HAVE HAD two ORIGINALS since 2005..! I have run them ALOT.... and from what I have seen..., the DTX’s AND the Mag Traks are just better....ALOT better...PERIOD. JRI just took too long and CONTINUE to take too long in reproducing this
( in-its-day ) “best” Wahoo plug. Because of new competition, it is now NO LONGER the “best”.... The
“ in-its-day” part has past....Sorry if yall are “ butt-hurt” about my opinion but I call it as I see it...
JRI missed their potentially LONG window of total Wahoo lure dominance. I loved the old Intruder and waited for years but now there are other BETTER options. If you don’t believe me yet, you will......if you run Mag Traks and DTX’s enough RIGHT NEXT TO INTRUDERS....

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
Jul 6, 2004
el cajon
Name
chad
Boat
26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
I have 2 . Maybe i should sell them .

Reactions: Avery Gilleland

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
There is no such thing as a better wahoo lure. It is just a chew toy for that day.
I agree. I have seen the marauders out fish the DTX Minnows a few times. Don't know why. Maybe ocean conditions or maybe the wahoo are on the surface and not down deep.

To imply that a wahoo lure is "obsolete" is ridiculous. If it moves, wiggles, flashes, etc, it will catch.

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
The great thing about wahoo fishing is and this applies to all lures, colors, boats and fisherman You can be the king one day and the beggar the next. All of us that love to fish for them know the zero to hero factor well. Probably the most humbling type of fishing there is.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
The great thing about wahoo fishing is and this applies to all lures, colors, boats and fisherman You can be the king one day and the beggar the next. All of us that love to fish for them know the zero to hero factor well. Probably the most humbling type of fishing there is.
After enjoying spectacular success with the Wahoo fishing on June Heat back in ‘09, a friend told me that now that I had my confidence up I was sure to have a humbling experience on another trip. It took a few years, but I had that trip.

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
After enjoying spectacular success with the Wahoo fishing on June Heat back in ‘09, a friend told me that now that I had my confidence up I was sure to have a humbling experience on another trip. It took a few years, but I had that trip.
That's absolutley cirrect. I had a trip that I caught 9 Wahoo. It was 5 years until I caught another one

richardblufin

Jun 23, 2009
POWAY CA
Name
Richard Jones
Boat
Bigger is Better Thats what she said
Well I’ve been off BD for a few weeks as I’ve been beyond busy. I think every tackle manufacturer is in the same boat. Looking at some tackle shops, there are a lot empty pegs of all sorts of items. Hooks, flouro, lures, etc.

I think most tackle shops back in March and April weren’t sure what the future held. By this time, we were coming out of Fred Hall and the summer orders would be typically coming through. That didn’t happen. Which is perfectly understandable. Fast forward to the end of April and shops were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We got order after order of PO’s. Most doubled their orders and some tripled their orders (thank you to those shops). Of course they needed jigs yesterday, but we make our jigs to order. And we added a new jig to our line up.

Now to the intruder. I’ve finally got the call I’ve been waiting for. A year later to work on production issues I’ve been having. The master was sent out a couple weeks ago and they are doing the finishing touches. All of this while we are cranking out jigs. For those who know me, I don’t rush anything. Especially the Intruder as this was not my innovation. And I’m keeping it true to the original design. It will come out. The goal is still set for 2020. As some may know, only certain shops will initially carry these lures until we can get more to market. I will work with shops to make them readily available to angler’s and not “people in the know”. Hope this helps, but right now I’m at the mercy of another company as I have been for almost 2 years. But the company has a great group guys adding the finishing touches to this great lure.

Just Maybe, mr. Lou will get the 1st one hot off the press.
I Love my JRI Jigs. Good luck Jerry you will succeed.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
As much as I hate to admit it, this is very true. However, its also one of the things that makes wahoo fishing so enjoyable. The challenge!!!

Ventura Bill

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 22, 2016
Ventura
Name
Bill
Boat
None
Here's a quick flash before they return to lore.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Desperate times call for desperate measures. So here's a few wahoo tolling lures I just purchased for some guys on my 11 day Thanksgiving trip aboard the Indy. I will also use some as raffle prizes. The wahoo colored lure and 1 of the Tony the Tiger lures are made from a very hard wood. Swimming action should be slightly different and may be a little shallower. The wood ones are slightly longer and the tail section is not curved as much. They are also a little wider at the top and the bottom so they weigh a little more. The other's are all made from a molded plastic resin. A pretty good line up for trolling.

Wd Wahoo invader.jpg

molded invaders.jpg

Invader group.jpg

Invader Lures.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubeye