INTRUDER LURES JUST A FLASH IN THE PAN ??

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
It appears that JRI is so overwhelmed by his jig production that the Intruder will never see the light of day.
Thank god the DTX came along.

FinHunter619

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Gotta keep the faith. There are things going on behind the scenes that are moving in the right direction. I like the new Nomax Madmacs. They should be much better than the DTX's since those have swimming and durability issues. But remember good things come to those who wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Montaukmaniac

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
Ask a question that you already know the answer to.

Seems like a pointless jab at the good people of JRI.
No no at a jab. Thank goodness he appears to be a successful small business owner. It is just that his inventive mind is ahead of his manufacturing capabilities. I am sure the day will come when he can meet the demand for all his products. He is still a new company and it takes time for things to come to fruition, sometimes years.

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
Gotta keep the faith. There are things going on behind the scenes that are moving in the right direction. I like the new Nomax Madmacs. They should be much better than the DTX's since those have swimming and durability issues
For a planeing head lure similar to a marauder or intruder, the Nomad Madmack is going to be stellar. I have 2 of them, very solidly built, and with the autotune system, they troll straight as a arrow. Plus there very heavy for there size, and can be trolled really fast. I haven't fished one yet, but trolled one behind my boat at Crawford reservoir in Colorado to see how they swim at high speed! If they made one in a perch pattern, I'm pretty sure I could have caught some big pike!!! I think that orange mackeral pattern scared the shit out of any pike less than 20 pounds!!!

Whalebreath

Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
Lou call me I will give you inside scoop it is coming...just not on YOUR schedule.....
This same old idiotic bullshit has been posted here for years-always a 'small technical glitch' always 'a minor issue' and yet....No Goods Ever.

If you want a US made Wahoo lure then have a look.

Last edited:

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
No no at a jab. Thank goodness he appears to be a successful small business owner. It is just that his inventive mind is ahead of his manufacturing capabilities. I am sure the day will come when he can meet the demand for all his products. He is still a new company and it takes time for things to come to fruition, sometimes years.
JRI a relativity New Company? How Long has he been in Business?

stephen campbell

aka "Soup"
Jul 7, 2016
oro valley az
Name
Stephen Campbell
Boat
S/V Bluechablis Valiant 40
Only 45 knows-
not how long they have been in business but what the real "scoop" is.

Last edited:

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
For those that are in a hurry and want a very similar lure, there are options out there.
Look up www.AAlures.com He makes a very similar type lure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubeye

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
What schedule. I have no schedule. My wife's honey do's are my schedule. So my whining and complaining here on BD is my relief from her schedule for me.

I will be working with Jerry on a couple of OG lures I got and he has told me that later this year he expects to be in full production. I know I know, we've heard this before but eventually it will be true. :)

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
What schedule. I have no schedule. My wife's honey do's are my schedule. So my whining and complaining here on BD is my relief from her schedule for me.
How long have you been retired? The Honey Do list should have already been completed, and you should be able to do you list..

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
How long have you been retired? The Honey Do list should have already been completed, and you should be able to do you list..
Moved into a new house 3 years ago. She spent a shit load of bucks on upgrades. Now that she is sitting home all the time and looking at the house, she has decided she wants to change everything

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Well I’ve been off BD for a few weeks as I’ve been beyond busy. I think every tackle manufacturer is in the same boat. Looking at some tackle shops, there are a lot empty pegs of all sorts of items. Hooks, flouro, lures, etc.

I think most tackle shops back in March and April weren’t sure what the future held. By this time, we were coming out of Fred Hall and the summer orders would be typically coming through. That didn’t happen. Which is perfectly understandable. Fast forward to the end of April and shops were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We got order after order of PO’s. Most doubled their orders and some tripled their orders (thank you to those shops). Of course they needed jigs yesterday, but we make our jigs to order. And we added a new jig to our line up.

Now to the intruder. I’ve finally got the call I’ve been waiting for. A year later to work on production issues I’ve been having. The master was sent out a couple weeks ago and they are doing the finishing touches. All of this while we are cranking out jigs. For those who know me, I don’t rush anything. Especially the Intruder as this was not my innovation. And I’m keeping it true to the original design. It will come out. The goal is still set for 2020. As some may know, only certain shops will initially carry these lures until we can get more to market. I will work with shops to make them readily available to angler’s and not “people in the know”. Hope this helps, but right now I’m at the mercy of another company as I have been for almost 2 years. But the company has a great group guys adding the finishing touches to this great lure.

Just Maybe, mr. Lou will get the 1st one hot off the press.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Moved into a new house 3 years ago. She spent a shit load of bucks on upgrades. Now that she is sitting home all the time and looking at the house, she has decided she wants to change everything
If she has a sister smother her

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
In defense of Lou's wife she is a very very nice lady...and Lou is sorta a slacker sometimes who needs prodding once in awhile...lmao.....like having him move along at the rail.....

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
In defense of Lou's wife she is a very very nice lady...and Lou is sorta a slacker sometimes who needs prodding once in awhile...lmao.....like having him move along at the rail.....
I can't help it if I fall asleep at the rail during a slow bite. The slow roll of the boat and light sea breezes are so relaxing

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
2X

"I don’t rush anything. Especially the Intruder as this was not my innovation. And I’m keeping it true to the original design. It will come out. The goal is still set for 2020. As some may know, only certain shops will initially carry these lures until we can get more to market. I will work with shops to make them readily available to angler’s and not “people in the know”. Hope this helps, but right now I’m at the mercy of another company as I have been for almost 2 years. But the company has a great group guys adding the finishing touches to this great lure. "

"Waiting, is the hardest part."

Considerations:

A) Buy another product. (lots out there)
....some one and done, some innovative, with others tried & true.

B) Disparage.

C) IMHO: maxima enim, patientia virtus

Q: Why are some still successfully using the original Intruder product, after all these years?

Tight lines & screaming reels to all @ SDLR!

Reactions: Fishybuzz