Introducing Mag Bay Yachts

Discussion in 'Check Out My Boat Customization' started by Mag Bay Yachts, Aug 11, 2014.

1. tanner.s

tanner.s Fish Slaughterer

Name:
    Tanner
    Boat:
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Can this boat be rigged with a hoop up top? Seems like the hardtop would be plenty strong but ladder placement would be a bit tough.

Mag Bay Yachts likes this.
  2. Mag Bay Yachts

Mag Bay Yachts Formerly Captain CABO Advertiser

Name:
    Barrett
    Boat:
    Mag Bay 33
    I'm sure we could make it happen. It's not hard to get up top to be honest but if someone wants a hoop we'll make it even easier.

3. Goin Fishin

Goin Fishin Tryin' for my next personal best

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    Sea-Jay
    Been following this thread since the very beginning. Really, really nice work. Congrats on your vision and your ability to achieve that vision.

4. Goin Fishin

Goin Fishin Tryin' for my next personal best

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    Sea-Jay
    I've been following this thread from the very beginning. Really, really nice work! Congratulations on bringing your vision to reality.

5. lazy bones

lazy bones Newbie

Name:
    Hill Raiser
    Boat:
    Invincible
    Wow, amazing. Congrats, can't imagine how it felt it finally wind it up and go.

Fit and finish appear to be top of the class...a new bench mark. Tons of neat little and sometimes big touches.

Electrical panels look awesome.

That fuel manifold looks really sweet...is there a way to select what tank it's drawing from or does it just pull from all three all the time?

Any pics of the compartments on the leaning post?

6. c_mccann

c_mccann Newbie

Name:
    Casey Mccann
    Boat:
    JC 35' - 'Fin & Tonic'
    I saw the MB 33 at the Lido show yesterday. First class all the way around. Everything molded in, the dash panels are what sets this ride apart from any competition- that was a masterminded feature for sure. You can tell the tooling for the molds and the cutouts had a lot of work to make them perfect, the boat reflects a lot of expertise. Great job!

7. jaw1970

jaw1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Koa Honu 28 Skipjack
    Nice to meet you in person today. Mag Bay Yachts has built a beautiful boats. Top of the line craftsmanship. I hope we get to see more. I hope you can find the time to post up hulls 2,3,4, etc.

8. tanner.s

Name:
    Tanner
    Boat:
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    If not the whole project, maybe the points that make that specific boat different. Like if you were to do a pilot house or an express, you'd just cover the enclosure and distinguishing features.

I'd understand if he chose not to upload any at all, all these pictures take a very long time!

9. Mag Bay Yachts

Name:
    Barrett
    Boat:
    Mag Bay 33
    It was a good feeling thats for sure! With the manifolds you can run either motor off of any tank you would like or it can pull from all three at the same time.

There are no compartments under the leaning post. It's taken up by the brackets for the folding seat.

I'll try and keep the thread updated with interesting touches we do as well as keep you guys updated on upcoming shows. I'm fairly sure we will be at the San Diego boat show coming up late June.

Here are a few running shots from one of the test runs this week. Once I have the boat dialed in I am doing a full photoshoot and a short video. I'll be sure to post both when I get them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sbsurfer, bman440440 and O'Bryan like this.
  10. tanner.s

Name:
    Tanner
    Boat:
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Looks incredible! All that white interior needs a splash of red and I don't think it will be too hard with how this season is shaping out.

11. Sea Hawk 213

Sea Hawk 213 Newbie

Name:
    Eddy
    Boat:
    Sea Hawk
    Hey
    Barrett I took the liberty to post some of your pictures on THT, I hope you don't mind, but if you do let me know and I will delete them.

12. scwafish

scwafish Obsessed with fish

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    Radoncraft 18
    I love the lines of this boat. First really different looking CC in ages. Combined with the quality build and history and you can expect a long line at the door. Well done.

13. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt did you say F I S H I N G ???

Name:
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat:
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    Congratulations Barrett!

it must be nice to finally just crack a cold one, and say, "I (we) built that". :)

....now get busy on the next one. :D

14. Argo~Knot

Argo~Knot Newbie

Name:
    R A initials
    Boat:
    Cabo 35 & Phoenix 29
    What is a pressurized aft tank, can you elaborate on the functionality and keeping bait alive characteristics? Great read and documentation, Thanks for your time Randy

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  15. tanner.s

Name:
    Tanner
    Boat:
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    A pressurized tank is just that - a bait tank that is pressurized. It minimizes water movement and keeps your bait from being sloshed around. Definitely keeps bait better than it's non-pressurized counterpart.

Aft refers to it's location at the back end of the boat, if you didn't know.

16. Argo~Knot

Argo~Knot Newbie

Name:
    R A initials
    Boat:
    Cabo 35 & Phoenix 29
    Thanks Tanner, did some research and found a pressurized tank is one where the air is basically removed while underway where slosh is eliminated. Now I have to get my engineer mind to figure out the best way to retro fit an existing tank to accomplish this and still access the bait easily.

17. rtmorandi

rtmorandi Member

Name:
    Rob Morandi
    Boat:
    34' Fountain with twin Verado 350's
    Looks great Barrett! I like the fact that you guys put the bait pumps outside of the seachest - that will make changing pumps much easier. It is almost to beautiful to put blood on that boat!

18. Mag Bay Yachts

Name:
    Barrett
    Boat:
    Mag Bay 33
    Randy the easiest way is to dumb down the drain for the tank. Restrict the flow heading out of the tank so the water level rises to the lid. We put a gutter with two drains around the tank lid; the water that seeps through the latch (which is inevitable) and the water that comes through the gasket gets drained overboard. Though the tank is called a pressurized tank there really isn't much pressure, just enough to keep the water at the lid.

The boat is going to make its San Diego debut at the San Diego boat show June 18-21st. I will hopefully have it at the BD Yellowtail Shootout but no promises on that one.

bman440440 likes this.
  19. calm seas

calm seas Newbie

Name:
    ryan oros
    Boat:
    25 farallon
    How long before you get your official web page up for Mag Bay Yacht's Barrett. I know you where talking about putting on up a few month's back. It would be pretty neat to see.

20. Mag Bay Yachts

Name:
    Barrett
    Boat:
    Mag Bay 33
    I'm still working on getting good pictures. The site is ready, just waiting on me to get the final pieces of the puzzle into them