Well-Known "Member"
Aug 30, 2015
Los Angeles
Name
Frank Monzon
Boat
No

Introducing Mag Bay Yachts Inc.

Mag Bay Yachts was founded earlier this year by Mike Howarth and Barrett Howarth. My dad started his boat building career at Harbor Yachts, a sailboat manufacturer in Southern California. He later moved on to Islander Yachts and Pacific Trawler. It was at Pacific Trawler where my dad met Henry Mohrschladt, an ambitious guy with a passion for designing boats. Together they founded Pacific Seacraft, a sailboat manufacturer based in Santa Ana and later Fullerton. After many successful years of business and thousands of boats sold, Henry and Mike sold Pacific Seacraft in 1989. Henry and Mike couldn't sit idle, in late 1990 they began work on a 35' flybridge sportfisher. In 1991, Cat Harbor Boats, based in Adelanto CA, introduced the Cabo 35 Flybridge, a boat that changed the way boats were built. Cat Harbor Boats eventually became Cabo Sportfishers and then Cabo Yachts. Cabo Yachts set the standard for high quality and unmatched fit and finish. The philosophy was simple, build the best boat possible. In early 2006, Cabo Yachts was sold to Brunswick Corporation, the parent company of Hatteras Yachts and Boston Whaler among others.

Late in 2012 my dad and I started tossing around the idea of getting back into boats. After attending many shows and getting a feel for the market, we contacted Michael Peters Yacht Design in Sarasota Florida to help us make our concept a reality. What started as a 29' inboard center console eventually morphed into the boat we are building today. My dad and I bring the same philosophy to Mag Bay that we established at Cabo, build the best, highest quality product we can.

We are based out of Adelanto CA, the same town where Cabo Yachts used to be. At Cabo, we had the best employees you could ever ask for. We are very fortunate to be able to employ many of our best former employees. Though we are a small operation, we have been making excellent progress since our official start in May of this year. Our goal for now is to have a boat at the Miami International Boat Show in February. I will use this thread to document the progress every step of the way, hope you all enjoy!

Particulars
LOA: 33'-6"
Beam (Molded): 10'-0 1/4"
Beam (Chine): 7"-9"
Draft: 2'-0"
Deadrise at Transom: 22˚
Displacement: 9900 lbs
Fuel: 340 Gallons
Water: 30 Gallons
Livewell (Transom): 80+ Gallons (TBD)
Livewell (Deck): 50 Gallons
Power: Twin outboards