Introducing Mag Bay Yachts

potuna

Unknown member
Jul 23, 2011
San Diego Ca. USA
Name
Pete
Boat
Royal Star, Excel, Royal Polaris, Red Rooster, Shogun and somebody else's.
The boat is looking better every time, sorry to hear it won't be at long beach. I'm going there for the first time instead of Del Mar.

Reactions: Mag Bay Yachts

BluePabst

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 1, 2012
Somewhere between heaven and hell
Name
Phil
Boat
Bertram 30
Barrett, will you guys be able to make the FHS in LB after all? I saw the write up in BD Articles today and it mentioned that was the debut.

BTW, looking spiffy my man!!!

Tiretyme

Feb 6, 2015
Orange Beach, AL
Name
Joey
Boat
Blackwood 27
Hey Barrett,
Which, if any, Florida or Gulf Coast Shows are currently scheduled for the new boat? I realize at this point it may be a moving target, but just trying to anticipate striking distance!
Thx,
Joey

Mag Bay Yachts

Formerly Captain CABO
Advertiser
Nov 16, 2004
Newport Beach CA
www.magbayyachts.com
Name
Barrett
Boat
Mag Bay 33
Barrett, will you guys be able to make the FHS in LB after all? I saw the write up in BD Articles today and it mentioned that was the debut.

BTW, looking spiffy my man!!!
Apparently I had style back in the day, whatever that means haha! We will not be at Fred Hall this year. After all this work it serves us no purpose to bring something to a show thats not ready. I will have the boat at as many places and shows as I can on the West Coast once its finished.

Hey Barrett,
Which, if any, Florida or Gulf Coast Shows are currently scheduled for the new boat? I realize at this point it may be a moving target, but just trying to anticipate striking distance!
Thx,
Joey
Joey we are still hoping to have the boat at Palm Beach for the Palm Beach boat show. With that said, if we're not 100% satisfied with it that show might have to wait as well. I hope to try and have a boat at a few shows on the East Coast this summer and certainly the Fort Lauderdale show this year. As we get closer I will let you know what shows we plan on attending.

Reactions: Tiretyme

Drk20

Fishoholic
Mar 10, 2014
Name
Derek
Boat
19' SeaSquirt CC
How is the boat coming? also, when will you have a website up?

Tiretyme

Feb 6, 2015
Orange Beach, AL
Name
Joey
Boat
Blackwood 27
Hey Barrett,

Hope all unfortunate events have been resolved with your family & their safety. Guessing law enforcement have those responsible secured behind concrete and steel.

Anyway, if you're back at full steam, please post some updates if not too busy. My Mag Bay withdrawal symptoms are peaking!! Haha!! Understand though if you're still dealing with aforementioned issues.

Thx,
Joey

Mag Bay Yachts

Formerly Captain CABO
Advertiser
Nov 16, 2004
Newport Beach CA
www.magbayyachts.com
Name
Barrett
Boat
Mag Bay 33
How is the boat coming? also, when will you have a website up?
The boat is getting there, we're hard at it every day. Last I heard I should have the website ready to go soon, they are just waiting on pictures from my end.

Hey Barrett,

Hope all unfortunate events have been resolved with your family & their safety. Guessing law enforcement have those responsible secured behind concrete and steel.

Anyway, if you're back at full steam, please post some updates if not too busy. My Mag Bay withdrawal symptoms are peaking!! Haha!! Understand though if you're still dealing with aforementioned issues.

Thx,
Joey
Thanks Joey. From what I understand it was the guys third strike so he should be making buddies in prison for a while. I'll post up some pictures of the boat tomorrow.

Reactions: jaw1970

Tiretyme

Feb 6, 2015
Orange Beach, AL
Name
Joey
Boat
Blackwood 27
Hello Barrett,

Hope all is well! Trying to determine if I need to book a flight to Palm Beach Show, or hang loose until another East Coast show. Going to pm you my email address with request for more vessel data/specs.

Thx, Joey

PM, well maybe not-guess I don't have enough posts to use that feature? I'll send it through my wife's Facebook account because I don't have one of those either.

Last edited:

PCH

El Nino 2015!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2008
North San Diego
Name
Paul
Boat
Gregor 20
Whats up with the progress????? lets see more pics! great thread

Mag Bay Yachts

Formerly Captain CABO
Advertiser
Nov 16, 2004
Newport Beach CA
www.magbayyachts.com
Name
Barrett
Boat
Mag Bay 33
I'm sorry for the lack of updates lately. We've all been putting in the hours trying to make this thing spectacular. We've made some minor changes to the inside of the console that have taken some time to figure out but now that we've got it the whole thing should come together and look really good. I haven't been great with the camera lately but I will have something to post soon and I will be sure and put a ton of pictures up to make up for the lack of updates lately.

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Sweet! Looking forward to it. I imagine you are back ordered a bit based on the interest shown in this thread?

Mag Bay Yachts

Formerly Captain CABO
Advertiser
Nov 16, 2004
Newport Beach CA
www.magbayyachts.com
Name
Barrett
Boat
Mag Bay 33
Alright, finally an update with some pictures! Lately we've been so focused on getting things done that I haven't brought out the camera much. The boat is really looking good and we're all excited to get this thing in the water. When we decided to not do the shows this spring we got busy on finishing some things that would have had to wait until the later boats. Three of those pieces, the inner console liner, stringer grid and hardtop are all looking awesome and will really add a nice touch to the boat.

Obviously the most significant thing we've done since my last update is put the boat together. I know i'm biased but I challenge you to find a cleaner transom on a production boat. We set the deck in with a special adhesive then placed a secondary bond on both sides of the mating surfaces. In a nutshell, we've created a solid unibody transom. Once the touch up is finished, you can never tell that this transom is two pieces bonded together.

We hung the motors to make some measurements. They look really good on this thing! We're still debating on painting this set or just leaving them plain

The hull to deck joint is sleek and bulletproof. To finish it off we put a single piece of stainless, not a big ugly rub rail.

Strength is paramount to us. We decided to go a little overkill where the t-top mounts to the console...

Our sea chest for the bait pumps is solid glass, finished on both sides.

We have really been trying to make a clean boat. One thing I can honestly say will set us apart from our competition is our attention to detail. I made a point in some previous posts that we don't run wires until the boat is assembled; the following pictures will illustrate the benefits of doing so. When the hull and deck are mated, we come in and do a secondary bond around the entire boat. We put a PVC pipe between supports for the wires. We then sand, lightly fair and gelcoat over the bond and under the gunnel. It's a lot of extra work but the end result speaks for itself.

No ugly wires to see, nothing hanging down to get caught on, just a pure clean simple install.

All connections are heat shrunk and as neat as possible.

When it comes to plumbing, we also try and make everything as clean as possible. We use a lot of Clamp-Aid products in the boat; every hose clamp gets a rubber end. If you've worked on boats long enough you've undoubtedly been cut by the end of a hose clamp. It's not going to happen on this boat. Pictured here is a Glendenning hose reel for the aft console sink. This nifty setup has 16 feet of hose and is spring loaded so when you pull the hose it retracts.

Speaking of aft console sink, this one is big enough to actually be useful. Behind the stainless flap is the fresh water hose.

The cutting board will go just to starboard of the sink

One thing I couldn't stand on our competitor's boats was the anchor locker hatch. Every time I'd open one it would feel like it was loose or there wasn't enough hinge. I think we fixed that issue...

We flushed out the drains, no standing water.

Each boat will have 10 rod holders standard. Additional rod holders can be put it at the customers request.

Subwoofers are installed. Lets face it we all like loud music every once in a while...

The in deck live well looks really good. We're doing something a little different in both wells; i'll have pictures when we get everything installed

The aft tank has such a nice shape to it. In addition to being pressurized, there won't be anything for bait to smash into. More on that later...

I'll have another picture update coming up soon...

Juny

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Name
Jorge Bee
Boat
15' Gregor
Outstanding! :appl:

Reactions: Mag Bay Yachts