DMcD

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 21, 2011
Idyllwild, Ca USA
Name
Dennis McDougall
Boat
None
Hey everyone: I'm booked on a 10-day on the Intrepid in late fall/early winter, and I was just looking at their website. Under "Additional Costs," all they list is $ for tips, CA fishing license (if needed for that particular trip, I suppose), and jackpot. Do they not charge for anything additional once you get on the boat (except gear) like bottled water, BEER, etc., etc.?

DMcD

dh515

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 18, 2004
So Cal
Name
David
Boat
Intrepid, Red Rooster III, Spirit of Adventure
They do charge for beer. There is a soda fountain so no charge for soda or water.

Reactions: Shon

fsh4calico

Paralabrax clathratus
Oct 31, 2004
Torrance, Ca
Name
Pete
Boat
Long Range, Float Tube
Hey everyone: I'm booked on a 10-day on the Intrepid in late fall/early winter, and I was just looking at their website. Under "Additional Costs," all they list is $ for tips, CA fishing license (if needed for that particular trip, I suppose), and jackpot. Do they not charge for anything additional once you get on the boat (except gear) like bottled water, BEER, etc., etc.?

DMcD
Beer is the only additional charge. All other fees, permits, Mexican licenses etc. are included in the ticket price. Tips are at the discretion of the customers. Most people tip like they would at a restaurant, 15 to 20 percent depending on how you feel the service was. You shouldn't be disappointed. Great operation.

odnealtim

Jun 21, 2008
pahrump nv
Name
tim
Boat
19 searay
Beer is the only additional charge. All other fees, permits, Mexican licenses etc. are included in the ticket price. Tips are at the discretion of the customers. Most people tip like they would at a restaurant, 15 to 20 percent depending on how you feel the service was. You shouldn't be disappointed. Great operation.
I cant wait for my 10 day on the intrepid next fall

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
USS Howard W Gilmore AS-16 Sub Pac6
Your stomach will also thank you, the food alone will make you return. Ride on over a dozen fishing and diving boats a year and have yet to encounter a more competent chef than Brian and Chasen on the Intrepid. Our 15 day trip in Feb produced one of the most elaborate sea food buffets I have seen worldwide on any boat. The items included in one of many food spreads buffets included lobster, king crab legs, oysters Rockerfeller,bacon wrapped scallops, poke. Carving stations, Manila clams, French Brie along with a Mediterranean snack spread with dried fruits, nuts and berries every morning, yogurt cups out all morning with assorted chips available 24/7. Would be my 1st selection if wondering what boat to roll on.

DMcD

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 21, 2011
Idyllwild, Ca USA
Name
Dennis McDougall
Boat
None
Thanks for the info, guys. Intrepid is one of the few LR boats I've never fished. Really looking forward to this trip.

DMcD

SSUfish

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Eric
Boat
n/a
Your stomach will also thank you, the food alone will make you return. Ride on over a dozen fishing and diving boats a year and have yet to encounter a more competent chef than Brian and Chasen on the Intrepid. Our 15 day trip in Feb produced one of the most elaborate sea food buffets I have seen worldwide on any boat. The items included in one of many food spreads buffets included lobster, king crab legs, oysters Rockerfeller,bacon wrapped scallops, poke. Carving stations, Manila clams, French Brie along with a Mediterranean snack spread with dried fruits, nuts and berries every morning, yogurt cups out all morning with assorted chips available 24/7. Would be my 1st selection if wondering what boat to roll on.
And now I'm off to browse the Intrepid schedule....

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Yes, the food is good on the Intrepid. Unlike some of the 'other' LR boats in which to choose.....Ap

odnealtim

Jun 21, 2008
pahrump nv
Name
tim
Boat
19 searay
Newbie here .....but ,,,im.all out for the fishiing but,,, at the same time I want to be fed well...just sayin...with that I went for the intrepid...from what I have read and seen,,,,sure why not???

Reactions: apogee

apogee

Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Yeah but more importantly were the bathrooms clean? Did you tip?
Yes they were, and yes I did. I went on a limited load on the Excel last October, and they refurbished their bathrooms to an acceptable state. Loved the skipper, and Mike, was there for me on the deck constantly. Barring the crappy food and the leftist cook, it was an awesome trip...Might try the 'Indy', next time.....Ap

raw66

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 23, 2014
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Gary M
Boat
USS Howard W Gilmore AS-16 Sub Pac6
How do you leave 1/2 a like?

apogee

Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat

DC61

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
I just returned from a 15 day trip yesterday. The boat was clean and the food was over the top fantastic. Excellent customer service. Fishing wasn't so great, but that's fishing. Another thing to consider is the Intrepid does not nickle and dime you to death. No extra charges for permits, licenses, soda etc. The satellite phone is FREE and you can use it all you want.

SlideRight

Been there...
Jul 4, 2008
So Cal
Name
Lew
Boat
ss minnow
I just returned from a 15 day trip yesterday. The boat was clean and the food was over the top fantastic. Excellent customer service. Fishing wasn't so great said:
Nice! That phone policy is big winner in my book.
Had a buddy on that one too. Related JP to be a 128# YF, a scarcity of skin, but a couple nice YF in the mid to high 100's with these anglers out of the JP. Said food was terrific, fishing slow (weather being part of that), and that the boat moved a lot (which I take to mean the crew tried their best). Said got some good rockfishing in too. But no mention of cake! :rolleyes: He also said he had a great time. So to the OP, I'd say the Intrepid is worth a try. Looking forward to 8 day this summer, 1st 'longer' trip in quite a while & 1st w/o Kevin at the helm.

Last edited:
Reactions: themacs

kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Agree 100%. Their food is Off The Charts!