fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Check out the Intrepid report on their website.....what a great catch for this early....one was almost 300#..

Man this could be a season to remember........

Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
Check out the Intrepid report on their website.....what a great catch for this early....one was almost 300#..

Almost 300 lbs???????????????? It was a 285 and the American Mathimatics Insitute teaches to make 300lbs from 285lbs, you need 20lbs. Lets not get the news media down to the landing right yet........ again.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Almost 300 lbs???????????????? It was a 285 and the American Mathimatics Insitute teaches to make 300lbs from 285lbs, you need 20lbs. Lets not get the news media down to the landing right yet........ again.
The fish weight 285 at the dock...... you can bet that fish when first caught was right at 300#..... if you add 15# not 20# to to 285# I think that is 300......math is pretty simple:rofl:

Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
Nice job David on catching that extra 5,you can do the math..congrats!!! I would have loved to see the 15 pounds of stomach content that YFT threw up to loss that weight

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
how many gallons of blood does a 300 # tuna bleed? A gallon of water is 8lbs, and im pretty sure a gallon of blood is heavier. Id say at least two gallons, and they also lose moisture in both the spray brine and or RSW, being that they are mostly water. A 285 is basically a 300 pounder, and here we go again. Looks like someone must be a fan of another boat. again.

All i know is i wouldnt ride that boat, those guys are bound to run out of luck eventually. ;)

Garabaldi

Dec 10, 2009
Monarch Beach, CA
Name
Garry
Boat
Still on the 5 year waiting list for a DP harbor slip!
Sounds like another Intrepid bashing is begining to brew here. I think many of us are sick and tired of that BS. It is what it is... they caught some nice cows and the Intrepid is a great boat with yacht like ammentities (yes it cost more to fish) but it is an excellent operation and the skipper has good knowledge of the lower banks from his private yacht days, and like most of the other premier boats in the LR fleet the boat has all the latest electronics to locate fish! And who really gives a shit if the Intrepid is not in the so called "code group". OK, hopefully we don't have to go through another ugly "bash the Intrepid thread" now or have all the loyal patrons get overly defensive... can we all just say: "peace & love".

Congrats to the Intrepid for landing some of the first cows of what appears to be an early winter season (I guess time will tell), and I am sure that if the fish stay on the banks any duration the other LR boats will get their share as well.

Tight lines!

Jul 9, 2003
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
Nice, it seems the first boat to go to Hurricane always gets 'em good. I know the Rooster used to be the first then the 105 did it a couple of years now the Intrepid.
Check out this report from the Rooster in 2006.

CAPTAIN: ANDY CATES
DATE OF TRIP: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15, SUNDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2006
LENGTH OF TRIP: 14 DAYS
AREAS FISHED: HURRICANE BANK
FISH COUNT: 108 YELLOWFIN, 49 WAHOO, 62 DORADO & 9 YELLOWTAIL
1st PLACE JACKPOT 267.8 LB YELLOWFIN TUNA CAUGHT BY DENNIS BIDIGARE OF OSCODA, MI.
2ND PLACE JACKPOT 266.2 LB YELLOWFIN TUNA CAUGHT BY ART CABALLERO OF TEMPLE CITY, CA
3RD PLACE JACKPOT 257.7 LB YELLOWFIN TUNA CAUGHT BY TIM FARRELL OF OCEANSIDE, CA

NOTE: 71 YELLOWFIN TUNA OVER 200 LBS

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Congrats to the Intrepid, was curious how many they got. It really does not matter what boat was the first, it just takes a commitment to explore the area. If it looked really good down there the boat would have not moved up the line and gambled the last fishing day for more...

It's still early, I suspect around Thanksgiving we will see what the season on the beach will bring.....

backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
I leave Nov 3rd for a 10 day on the Intrepid. I wonder if we will venture down and spend some time going for the big boys. I'm ready for whatever, just add water.

bad caster

Mar 28, 2006
La Canada Ca
Name
mike mc farlane
Boat
Independence
It seems pretty funny that this Intrepid is good or Intrepid is bad won't die. Or how anyone with a ounce of common sense thinks that Intrepid's "Luck" is going to run out? Luck is half good preparation and half good timing. Any of us in business know that the harder we work , the luckier we get.
I fished Indy during the years they were excluded from the code group. We never had trouble finding fish and riding on that boat I never gave a shit who they were talking to on the radio anyway.
After a few years and a big pow wow things were settled and Indy now shares information over the radio with the other boats.
The same thing will happen with Intrepid eventually. Indy wasn't going away code group or no code group and neither is Intrepid.
Guys talking trash about Intrepid or Indy more than likely have never set foot on either of these fabulous fishing machines.

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
Congrats to Mark Winbigler on his first cow. I know it was a long time coming brother...

chuwbaca

May 18, 2006
San Bernardino
Name
Jason
Boat
25, Parker, Sea Rover
I will post a full report soon on the trip. Just got to get back to being on land and go through all the pictures. Hopefully have a full report up by this weekend.

billyc

Jun 28, 2005
Gilbert, AZ
Name
Bill "Willy" Casper
Boat
Intrepid and Red Rooster
Some people can't just let something die, can they. They have to take a swipe at the Intrepid every chance they get EVEN for something that happened a while back, like 4 seasons ago. Ancient History! Just keep the shit stirring up about fish weights, code group radio sets, yada, yada, yada. Maybe if we fished on a boat that weighs their fish when the boat is rolling cock all over the place that fish really would have weighed 300, and we wouldn't have to learn new math or basic addition and subtraction to figure fish weights!

pauladams

Retired since 2008
Jul 25, 2010
LA CRUZ NAYARIT MEX
Name
PAUL ADAMS
Boat
SS MINNOW / 17 CC LOGIC 50 HONDA
ILL SECOND THAT , GOOD JOB MARK , DIDNT KNOW IT WAS YOUR FIRST COW , POST A PIC. OR SEND ME ONE !!! THANKS PABLO

hookuphoo

Apr 30, 2007
La Cresta (Murrieta. Ca.)
Name
Mark Winbigler
Boat
25' Parker Sea Rover
Thanks Tim and Paul wish you two where with us. Pablo if you were on the boat with deckhand Chad I would be sick from laughing so hard!!! Jason is the picture poster so he should have a nice report up soon. Thanks to Wahoodad for the hep with the cow and the rest of the Intrepid crew for a great trip. The whole crew is top notch. If anybody has not fished the Intriprd yet do yourself a favor and get on the boat!!!! God speed to Kona on a speedy recovery.
Sea ya
Mark

wes cerny

wes
Oct 18, 2009
fallbrook Ca USA
Name
wes cerny
Boat
none
I don't care who says what about the Intrepid, it is a great boat and a knowledgable captain and crew.
I KNOW I WAS THERE!