Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Starting to get things organized for the Oct. 15 day trip aboard the Intrepid. Called BHP tackle for my wind-on's in 100 and 130 fluro top shots. Basil has them in route to my home... Sent my Wahoo reels in to Squidco and there ready...will pick them up on the 13...day before we depart. Went shopping for the crew.... jerky, red bull, and a bunch of other stuff the crew seems to enjoy. Inventoried all my tackle and have most of what I need...pick up a few things in San Diego. Need to stop over and see Salty Dawg for quick rod fix... lost my but cap on a fish last year...easy repair..... and he is making me a new custom wahoo marauder after the last one busted after about 15 Wahoo. Next up is to line stuff up in my fishing room and check and double check my list. I will start that process next week some time. Its all coming tougher. Chime in if your on this trip...also I will take all the luck I can get from my fellow bloody decker's. If I am not wrong we will be the first boat down to the lower zone. I was on the last trip that was down there in June on the Red Rooster. I see Wahoo and Cows in my near future and a great group to fish with.

16508338_1225554314165614_8994471180618122566_n.jpg

Upvote 0

dtf

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 16, 2004
So. Bay Ca
Name
David
Boat
22ft, Pursuit
I believe you are correct on us being the first, I hope so. The shorter trips have been hitting the other zones pretty hard.

Upvote 0

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
Jun 20, 2015
San Fernando Valley
Name
Brad I
Boat
Nope
Hey David--good luck! :food-smiley-014:

I'm on the 10 day trip just before yours, but they've scheduled two days at the dock in between our trips, so I won't see you. I'm not sure if the two rest days are to recover from our trip or to prepare for yours...:confused:

Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
I recognize that photo. I believe you caught that fish on the last morning of our January trip last year. It's probably hard for you to remember because you catch so many. You fish hard and are rewarded for it. You are also very generous to the crew and fellow passengers. I will be the first to wish you good luck!

Reactions: Soda Pop
Upvote 0

fsh4calico

Paralabrax clathratus
Oct 31, 2004
Torrance, Ca
Name
Pete
Boat
Long Range, Float Tube
Starting to get things organized for the Oct. 15 day trip aboard the Intrepid. Called BHP tackle for my wind-on's in 100 and 130 fluro top shots. Basil has them in route to my home... Sent my Wahoo reels in to Squidco and there ready...will pick them up on the 13...day before we depart. Went shopping for the crew.... jerky, red bull, and a bunch of other stuff the crew seems to enjoy. Inventoried all my tackle and have most of what I need...pick up a few things in San Diego. Need to stop over and see Salty Dawg for quick rod fix... lost my but cap on a fish last year...easy repair..... and he is making me a new custom wahoo marauder after the last one busted after about 15 Wahoo. Next up is to line stuff up in my fishing room and check and double check my list. I will start that process next week some time. Its all coming tougher. Chime in if your on this trip...also I will take all the luck I can get from my fellow bloody decker's. If I am not wrong we will be the first boat down to the lower zone. I was on the last trip that was down there in June on the Red Rooster. I see Wahoo and Cows in my near future and a great group to fish with.
See you in a couple of weeks Dave. Looking forward to fishing with you as always.

Pete

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Starting to get organized---I'll be at the Dolphin on the 13th. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I will also be at the Dolphin with Victor. Victor will be new to this trip. He has a couple of long trips under his belt. He will be using my rods and reels for the most part.
Hey Brother! See you in 17 days!

17 days??? Holy crap I better get packing so I have time to unpack and repack. LOL

Reactions: Jtunaeater
Upvote 0

hagridfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
Have a GREAT trip David. You are definitely one of the good guys, and I'm very glad I had the chance to share the rail with you. I don't get to go again until April :-( . Hope to see you again.

Upvote 0

ducksbuddy

Jan 6, 2017
Columbia Missouri
Name
George Nickols
Boat
intrepid

I can't wait to hear the report! safe travels buddy!

Upvote 0

ducksbuddy

Jan 6, 2017
Columbia Missouri
Name
George Nickols
Boat
intrepid

I can't wait to hear the report! safe travels buddy

Upvote 0

Nebraska

Almost A Member
Dec 20, 2016
Nebraska
Name
Craig Chamberlin
Boat
Intrepid
Nebraska wishes you the best of luck my friend!!! Feed the brothers for me while the crew scoops bait and please tell all the crew hello. Hard working, amazing men on that boat.

I love that picture of you... it was a heluva fish

You still able to stay and park at the Dolphin with the ownership change they referenced was upcoming? I might need a room in late January :)

Talk to you soon

Reactions: vegasandre
Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Nebraska wishes you the best of luck my friend!!! Feed the brothers for me while the crew scoops bait and please tell all the crew hello. Hard working, amazing men on that boat.

I love that picture of you... it was a heluva fish

You still able to stay and park at the Dolphin with the ownership change they referenced was upcoming? I might need a room in late January :)

Talk to you soon
The parking now at the Dolphin hotel has not changed yet. It might, but in Jan. there is tons of parking at the landing. I am on the Jan. Intrepid Silent Jims trip. I hope to share the rail with you again Nebraska. Your one fine guy. O and nothing has changed..i love feeding the brothers... LOL

Reactions: Sbebdllh
Upvote 0

Josa1

Jul 17, 2009
San Pedro, CA, USA
Name
Joe
Boat
Red Rooster III
Hi Soda,
Wish you the best of luck on this trip. Should be great for you to get on the water again. I'll definitely be riding along via the net.
Don't forget that the Talica I worked on for you needs a new pinion bearing!
josa1

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Hi Soda,
Wish you the best of luck on this trip. Should be great for you to get on the water again. I'll definitely be riding along via the net.
Don't forget that the Talica I worked on for you needs a new pinion bearing!
josa1

Joe I sent it in for service. I am picking it up on my way down. Thanks Joe. Your the best

Upvote 0

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
Go get em gentlemen!! sundowners up here this evening........tis still the season indeed!!!! YEW!

Upvote 0

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
Tight lines & screaming reels! Best of times to you! (I ship out on the Excel on 22ed... keep those reports coming. Recon is good!)

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Soda, how many wind-ons are you taking of each? Thanks. Don

Don I am taking ( 20 ) 100 LB and ( 15 ) 130 LB wind on's that I bought from Basil. That is for Victor and myself. I always have more than enough. I also have some 150 and 200 the crew made me up last year. About ( 3 ) each for my big baits. You really only need about 6 of each...I always over do everything... LOL

Upvote 0