Intrepid 6-7-2017 1.5 day

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Deckman, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Deckman

Deckman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Todd Deckman
    Boat:
    21' CC Parker
    I just wanted to start off by thanking the captain and crew of the Intrepid for a more than stellar trip... fishing was hard but they were top-notch on their food, the crews service to the people on the boat all the way till we got back to the dock. Also wanted to thank all the awsome people on board, very fishy and worked awsome together...
    And here's the report: so we work the normal areas that everybody's already aware of so I don't need to tell you where we were but the water temps varied from 61 to 65 degrees. There are multiple schools of fish out there that are very very picky. The boat unloaded lots of bait on them we ended up with three fish. 2 Bluefin from 30 to 35lbs and one Opah at 75 pounds first one to ever hit the deck of the Intrepid. all in all great trip, weather was nice little bit of wind in the afternoon bird schools mostly and one nice boiler with 100 Pounders coming out of the water. Light line was the ticket for me. I got one on the deck and on a sardine fly line 20 lb fluoro 25 mono on one size 1 J hook. I lost another $5000.00 fish (no need to ask why 5000.00) got chewed off. There were some casualties on the boat for sure one on the flat fall would have been probably a bigger fish.
    It is hard fishing out there you guys, treat your boat crews well they work hard out there it's not an easy deal with these Bluefin so be patient and get out there and fish... Oh and thanks to Ken Price for running such a great trip and boat...

intrepid 2017.jpg

Paddyman1, Hokies, karlk1125 and 8 others like this.
  2. RockHopperNCKA

RockHopperNCKA Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    Do kayaks count?
    Right on. Thanks for the report!

3. Tunahead

Tunahead Long Time Tuna Abused Member

Name:
    Ron
    Boat: