Riccochet

Almost A Member
Jun 10, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Name
Richard
Boat
N/A
Just booked this. Looks like their first trip of the season. I fish an 8 day in July but have never gone out this early in the season. Any idea as to what we would be targeting? BFT? Yellowtail? Starting to get my gear together and not quite sure how much to bring along.

Anyone else on this trip?

Richard

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
Jan 10, 2010
Junction City OR
Name
Rod Lathrop
Boat
24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
BFT and YT if they are biting... Rock fish otherwise. Intrepid has been doing a ton of work this off-season boat should be pristine! Look forward to your report

PullOnThis

Almost A Member
Feb 28, 2018
California
Name
PullOnThis One
Boat
Floating beer cooler
I’ll be on the 29th-2nd trip two weeks after you, post a report! The answers here are on the money - will chase BFT if they are around, otherwise, likely a rockfish / YT trip.

litzsout619

Oncorhynchus tshawytscha
Jan 29, 2009
Sitka//619/Kalama
Name
Jason
Boat
ORCA 31'
I’ll be out on the Indy in early May. BFT decide to play its a bonus...just need some cervezas and sunshine. Kind a hope we do fill up the sacs with some whitefish no matter what! I’m after a nice goat! Tight lines amigos. :jig:

Riccochet

Almost A Member
Jun 10, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Name
Richard
Boat
N/A
Epic Trip on the Intrepid!
Landed 2 BFT, 110lbs and 75lbs while losing 4, all in a 4hr span. Crew did an amazing job, in the dark with choppy seas!

From Intrepids website . I could not have described it better!

"We returned home from a very successful 3 day trip this morning at 0700. Final tally for our trip was 42 bluefin tuna, 27 of those were over 100 pounds, 3 were over 200 pounds and 1 was 188 pounds. We also picked up 70 yellowtail. Most of our bluefin came during a night bite that was nothing short of epic. It was every drop for 4 straight hours on the flat falls and sinker rigs. We had 5 to 10 fish hooked the entire time. It was crazy good fishing, a night that none of us will ever forget."

Intrepid 3 day.jpg

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
Just for the record, I looked up the word "Epic" in Webster's... and, yes, it did in fact say this: "It was every drop for 4 straight hours on the flat falls and sinker rigs. We had 5 to 10 fish hooked the entire time."
Epic, indeed....

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
Webster's just updated their definition of "Epic"....

April 21, 2021
The Royal Polaris called in with Daily Limits of Bluefin Tuna with 4 over 200# with 232 being the largest, 6 @185-197#, 35 @120-140# for 23 anglers.

Holy Bluefin, Batman!

Reactions: fishin_kid
Upvote 0

fsh4calico

Paralabrax clathratus
Oct 31, 2004
Torrance, Ca
Name
Pete
Boat
Long Range, Float Tube
Currently on that trip. Fished all day for zero. But then the sun went down. All fish on the flat falls. We did fairly well down south as well. 8 cow yellowfin and two super cows (308 and 397). That was one biggun. Incredible seeing it on the deck.

Last edited:
hot tuna
hot tuna
RP coming in heavy!
Full of wahoo as well...
Wow!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

afraser

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 20, 2008
sf, ca
Name
aaron
Boat
NA
Epic Trip on the Intrepid!
Landed 2 BFT, 110lbs and 75lbs while losing 4, all in a 4hr span. Crew did an amazing job, in the dark with choppy seas!

From Intrepids website . I could not have described it better!

"We returned home from a very successful 3 day trip this morning at 0700. Final tally for our trip was 42 bluefin tuna, 27 of those were over 100 pounds, 3 were over 200 pounds and 1 was 188 pounds. We also picked up 70 yellowtail. Most of our bluefin came during a night bite that was nothing short of epic. It was every drop for 4 straight hours on the flat falls and sinker rigs. We had 5 to 10 fish hooked the entire time. It was crazy good fishing, a night that none of us will ever forget."

View attachment 1273359
"losing 4", what kind of rigging for the hooks were you using? Did anyone bridle the flatfalls?

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Damn that's a trip of a lifetime! IN APRIL to boot!

Reactions: nicodemus
Upvote 0