International 16visx handle on Torque 30/40ld2?

PENN

EuroDriver

Jul 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
Name
Nathan Aguilar
Boat
Charters
I want to upgrade the handles on my Torque 30ld2 and 40nld2 with an International 16visx handle. I already bought the handle assemblies and noticed the knobs are bolted on vs the torques that are riveted.

I read that "some sacrifices need to be made" and a reference to cutting off a plastic part but I couldn't find more specific information.

I've never taken apart a reel before but I'm sure I can figure it out but I'd like some info on:

Is it best to replace the entire arm and handle assembly or just the knob? How do I do so? Is this best left to the pros? If so,

Does anyone know if there a place in San Diego I can take them in to get it done?
TIA

Upvote 0
May 8, 2020
Point Loma
Name
Troy
Boat
Fun Ones
I want to upgrade the handles on my Torque 30ld2 and 40nld2 with an International 16visx handle. I already bought the handle assemblies and noticed the knobs are bolted on vs the torques that are riveted.
You can take them to Kens Reels Repair in OC
I read that "some sacrifices need to be made" and a reference to cutting off a plastic part but I couldn't find more specific information.

I've never taken apart a reel before but I'm sure I can figure it out but I'd like some info on:

Is it best to replace the entire arm and handle assembly or just the knob? How do I do so? Is this best left to the pros? If so,

Does anyone know if there a place in San Diego I can take them in to get it done?
TIA
You can take them to Kens Reel Repair in OC

Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16

TIA

Ken's and also PCB&T, both in Oceanside can do it, along with Cal Sheets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

110yd

Almost A Member
May 14, 2004
Orange
Name
110yd
Boat
none
Another option would be to visit Cal Sheets in Fallbrook. I just had him put a different handle on a Penn Fathom.

Fathom_25N.jpg

Reactions: Tackleho619
Upvote 0

JK47

May 19, 2019
HB
Name
Alek
Boat
SS Minnow

TIA
Buy the whole VISX arm/handle assembly for $30 and bolt it directly on. I did with my old TRQ40NLD2.

Upvote 0

EuroDriver

Jul 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
Name
Nathan Aguilar
Boat
Charters
Buy the whole VISX arm/handle assembly for $30 and bolt it directly on. I did with my old TRQ40NLD2.

I did order VISX the arm/handle assemblies - one for my TRQ40NLD2 and one for my 30LD2. However I read that some modification(s) have to be made. Was this the case for you? If so, do you mind sharing info on how you made it work? Thanks.

Upvote 0

JK47

May 19, 2019
HB
Name
Alek
Boat
SS Minnow
Take the stock arm off, around the nut that holds it on is a black plastic washer, clip or file the small nub off, that's it. The VISX16 arm has no hole for the nub to fit. I've shared this mod in a few threads and PM.

Upvote 0

EuroDriver

Jul 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
Name
Nathan Aguilar
Boat
Charters
Take the stock arm off, around the nut that holds it on is a black plastic washer, clip or file the small nub off, that's it. The VISX16 arm has no hole for the nub to fit. I've shared this mod in a few threads and PM.

Thanks for the how - to. I managed to do it on my own. What I did differently was instead of removing the nub on the locking washer, I drilled out the threaded hole on the handle (the one closest to the knob). Now I don't have to worry about the handle nut working itself loose
20201114_083451.jpg
20201114_083835.jpg
20201114_083908.jpg

Upvote 0

EuroDriver

Jul 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
Name
Nathan Aguilar
Boat
Charters
You have to get used to the slightly longer handle, but I find it much easier with the T handle vs the football knob. Besides the ergonomics, another major improvement is in that I used to hit my knuckles when winding fast and that is no longer an issue

Reactions: F.I.S.H.Y
Upvote 0