normandi

Inseiner
Aug 8, 2007
LA MIRADA,CA
Name
cesar
Boat
21.6 CABO
I have a 25' skipjack I am going to install a airmar B164 transducer, my question is do I need to install the 2 rubber gaskets in betwen the transducer and the fiberglass or are those rubber gaskets for a differnt type of hull.
does anyone know the angle of the 25' skipjack 1988.Also is the keel the center of boat.
thanks cesar

DaveR

Feb 22, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
28' Skipjack
Cesar, got your PM. Yes, I did install one a year ago, but don't recall about the gaskets. Sorry I can't be of more help... good luck.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
If you want to figure the angle at any place in the hull put the boat in the water.Put A ten inch long piece of wood(straight) perpendicular to the keel .next put a level on the wood and raise the keel side till the bubble reads level.
Measure the distance the piece of wood is off the hull on the keel side.
Keep the boat loaded as you would while fishing and keep your weight as close to the keel as you can.
You can do the math or get a protractor and a square and draw what you just measured and use the protractor to find the angle.
However if you are a victum of the public school system just call the guy that built the boat and ask.

Seabound

Nov 2, 2007
PB
www.seaboundmarine.com
Name
Dan
Boat
none
If you haven't installed it yet, it goes rubber gasket inside your hull, then big rubber spacer and make sure you can rotate the nut three rotations, if there is still room undo nut and put second rubber gasket on top and then the nut. If there is not enough threads showing after you put down the rubber gasket and then the spacer, you need to cut down the spacer so there are at least three threads showing. I just installed two of these last week, one on a Parker 28 and the other on a Wellcraft and both were able to use all three spacers. Any questions send me an email [email protected] . I hope I am not too late to help.