FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Seems like this can go on and on. Why don't we all just bow down and give this nut the "manly man" award that he seems to be wanting so badly and get on with our day...................

X2 lock it!

Reactions: PacificPredator
Upvote 0

Spear or rod

• Aug 31, 2008
    San Francisco
    Name
    Tommy T
    Boat
    Anything that floats
    Um, elephant in the room....fishing for Makos in bare feet! Fearless....

057873D0-07B3-4DBC-9E89-5BE69D653264.jpeg

Upvote 0

lowprofile

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Dec 11, 2011
    SoCal
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Sold it
    Seems like this can go on and on. Why don't we all just bow down and give this nut the "manly man" award that he seems to be wanting so badly and get on with our day...................
    That’s not it at all. I shared a pic of a cute little mako I caught, a few weeks ago I might add, and stated a life goal of getting a large one off the yak and everyone and their mother chimes in with some kind of advise or story about how they almost died from one.

I’ve caught plenty of boat makos (boat fish don’t count), I’ve caught blacktip, bulls, threshers and tigers from the yak and shore. I’ve caught Greatwhites over 11ft and just about every pelagic species you could think of and get flack for fucking around with some dink sharks in a kayak.

I didn’t know signing up for BD meant you’re supposed to get berated and just keep your mouth shut.

Upvote 0

Steveo77

Steveo77
    Apr 22, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Grumpy
    That’s not it at all. I shared a pic of a cute little mako I caught, a few weeks ago I might add, and stated a life goal of getting a large one off the yak and everyone and their mother chimes in with some kind of advise or story about how they almost died from one.

I’ve caught plenty of boat makos (boat fish don’t count), I’ve caught blacktip, bulls, threshers and tigers from the yak and shore. I’ve caught Greatwhites over 11ft and just about every pelagic species you could think of and get flack for fucking around with some dink sharks in a kayak.

I didn’t know signing up for BD meant you’re supposed to get berated and just keep your mouth shut.
    Don’t trip dude. I’m enjoying this thread and your responses.
    I hope it keep going. There’s another thread that I keep checking in on about the guy that docked too close to someone else, in a gay... I’m mean bayliner.
    That dude is getting roasted too.

Upvote 0

dktool

2459 Trophy Offshore
    Aug 11, 2010
    Covina, Ca.
    Name
    Dean
    Boat
    1989 Bayliner 2459 Trophy Off Shore
    Don’t trip dude. I’m enjoying this thread and your responses.
    I hope it keep going. There’s another thread that I keep checking in on about the guy that docked too close to someone else, in a gay... I’m mean bayliner.
    That dude is getting roasted too.

Hey hey no Gayliner bashing !

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Can I tell you a secret?
    I am a striper owner. So I have to endure the same types of comments.

Hey, I have a 2008 Trophy. It turned out to be a much better boat then I expected for the money. It gets me to Catalina and that's all I need! I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks about it.

I love it when guys in million dollar sport fishers watch me catch fish. :D

Proof of concept:
    DSCN1559.JPG

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

lowprofile

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Dec 11, 2011
    SoCal
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Sold it
    Hey, I have a 2008 Trophy. It turned out to be a much better boat then I expected for the money. It gets me to Catalina and that's all I need! I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks about it.

I love it when guys in million dollar sport fishers watch me catch fish. :D

Proof of concept:
    View attachment 1044009

Same, except I’m back to a paddle yak and find it more sporty

CF219267-311D-4876-8823-C3821E6CC38D.jpeg

Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
    Jun 24, 2011
    Elk Grove
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    WORKING ON IT.
    Dude.......DUDE. About 35 years ago I caught a 110#er fishing solo in my 20 SeaCraft. Clubbed the hell out of it then towed it by a tail rope behind the boat for at least 15 minutes. Then he went into a large fish box in the casting platform up front. Deader than a doornail I thought....half hour later the lid flew open and he jumped right outta the box and slid back to the stern where I was standing running the boat. Next thing I know I am standing on the seat above him. Damn thing proceeded to jump up off the deck to be eye level with me. I swear to God I thought it was possessed. Thank God I had left the tail rope on him and was able to swing him out of the boat. It all happened in an instant and somehow I managed to get my heart restarted. Could have.....no should have had a very different ending. IMO the Mako is the most dangerous fish you can catch here. That one proved it to me.

LMAO

Upvote 0

dockrat88

no fish pulling against me shall prosper
  • Jul 16, 2008
    culver city
    Name
    tony
    Boat
    whatever floats
    Either you have huge balls of steel or you have a little pecker and trying to overcompensate. Either way you’re bolder than me. Much luck on your mission. Hope you accomplish it in a safe manner

Reactions: PowayRamFan
    Upvote 0
    Nov 16, 2017
    Avalon Catalina Island
    Name
    Jordan
    Boat
    Greenback
    What nobody has told you is that in a kayak you won’t have enough drag to get a good hook set. If your fishing a minimum of 20 pounds of drag you’ll be doing a couple knots across the water. This is america and we just celebrated being able to do just about whatever we want to do in this country so I say go for it but really have a game plan. I got caught with my pants down hooked into a 350 pound swordfish with one gaff on board and had to call a buddy to help land the fish.

Reactions: mhanson59hb
    Upvote 0