Inshore fishing W/Benny Florentino

Highwayman

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
I wa fortunate to spend a day Inshore fishing with Benny Florentino yesterday. Benny has a nice 24 foot boat and provided all the gear (Shimano) from Curado 200's to the Tranx as well as a new Torium 16 HG. All reels filled with Spectra. We started the morning fishing off of Newport, worked up through Long Beach and end up at PV searching for a good bite. We never fished bait and it was great to use all the gear Benny provided and fish a variety of baits from plastics to the Tady 45. We never found the Y/T that would take the artificials but did find some nice calico's. Benny shared a lot of his knowledge fishing along the coast and I had a great time.

loosendrag

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 13, 2006
Greater Los Angeles Area
Name
John
Boat
None
I too was on a guided trip with Benny on his Skeeter several years ago before he got the new boat.
He's a very nice guy and a true skilled pro. Both me and my buddy learned a lot on fishing calico inside kelp beds on that day.
IMO, along with Jimmy Decker, he's one of the real Calico pros that I learned CA inshore fishing skills and techniques from.
If you like fishing Calico with plastics near boiler rocks, try fishing with them. You will like the trip very much.

pescadorable

Jun 27, 2009
Orange
Name
Tony
Boat
Cabo 216 The Fish Taco
Class act I was at Savon tackle picking up some muraders and a cowbell to troll for the wahoo he was quick to give me some pointers since I don't troll much good knowledge there, side note didn't get any wahoo.

sgtbass

Apr 25, 2012
Oceanside CA
Name
adam
Boat
Hobie PA14
I fished with Benny about a month ago. Had a great time. We were fortunate enough to go 2 for 4 on the mossbacks and some really nice bass. Again like you said he a great dude and shares all kind of knowledge with you. We were able to try out new techniques and use some awesome Shimano gear. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great trip and wants to learn more about their local waters. I cant wait to get on a trip with him again soon!

[email protected]

Coastal Charters-Your Guide to Inshore Fishing
Dec 24, 2007
Murrieta,CA
www.fishcoastalcharters.com
Name
Capt. Ben Florentino
Boat
Ranger 2510 Bay
Sam,

Thank you again for your patience on a tough day of fishing. Appreciate all the kind words. Look forward to having you aboard again soon!

Highwayman

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
Wally, it's 11/7 at Fisherman's Landing in SD? See the post in Spotlight.