mtracy12

Sep 7, 2012
Costa Mesa
Name
Matt Tracy
Boat
Independence
Hell of a fish! Congrats!

Thank you! Still riding the stoke from this weekend, yesterday was my happiest Monday in the office in my entire life!!

Seems like the yellowfin are starting to move in now as well and they are much better size than last year.

Who wants to buy a boat?

Upvote 0

mtracy12

Sep 7, 2012
Costa Mesa
Name
Matt Tracy
Boat
Independence
Biggest Halco popper that they make, mine actually inhaled the thing and fisherman;s processing ended up cutting it out of him.

Color did not matter, all fish we caught on different colors. My buddy got 2 over 100 on the biggest orca they make in blue mackerel.

Reactions: reef_chief
Upvote 0

gclance

Almost A Member
Aug 16, 2005
Huntington Beach
Name
Garrett
Boat
21 1/2ft., Robalo
Epic my friend. Saw some spotter plane pics on Fishdope that were incredible. It looks like you found the big boys they were talking about. Thanks for the post. :appl:

Upvote 0

gerk

The GERK!
Nov 18, 2003
So. Bay
Name
Steve
Boat
Green Submarine
Evan is definitely an up and coming 'Fresh ' skipper He works hard at the profession.... Now - how many people were on the boat? Limit style Bluefin fishing is awesome.... Remember the limit is '2" per person.... Congrats on a EPIC day on the water....
The GERK -:jig:

Upvote 0

dave_k

Feb 26, 2008
Westlake Village
Name
Dave
Boat
Whaler
Evan is definitely an up and coming 'Fresh ' skipper He works hard at the profession.... Now - how many people were on the boat? Limit style Bluefin fishing is awesome.... Remember the limit is '2" per person.... Congrats on a EPIC day on the water....

I was on the trip with Matt and we had 6 people on board. 4 anglers, captain and deckhand. We stopped short of limits as we ran out of room in the kill bag.

Upvote 0

gerk

The GERK!
Nov 18, 2003
So. Bay
Name
Steve
Boat
Green Submarine
I was on the trip with Matt and we had 6 people on board. 4 anglers, captain and deckhand. We stopped short of limits as we ran out of room in the kill bag.
I think Evan needs another kill bag with these Big pigs swimming aound...Once again Congrats on the EPIC day...

Upvote 0

mtracy12

Sep 7, 2012
Costa Mesa
Name
Matt Tracy
Boat
Independence

Very aware of what the limit is but appreciate the heads up.... We all made a decision to stop fishing early out of respect for the bluefin/not wanting to see fish go to waste sitting on a hot deck

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Awesome.great report glad you had fun. My buddies got them around 6:00 pm in rough conditions. 3 for two guys. They let go two 60plus fish wanting to land one of the VWs eating out of their hands. They could have free gagged one. Lol but not there style.

Upvote 0