PENN

mtracy12

Sep 7, 2012
Costa Mesa
Name
Matt Tracy
Boat
Independence
Got a chance to jump on an open party charter with Capt. Evan Salvay on The Hawk. We started our morning instantly seeing signs of life, with multiple foamers all over the place. Fish were extremely skittish to the start the day off and we spent the early morning running/gunning with no luck.

A switch flipped around 9:30/10 and it went full on national geographic. We were able to put 6 fish on the boat over a hundred with a few more in the 60/70 lb range. All fish were caught on the popper/orca and it was the single best day of fishing I have ever head.

Evan is an absolute legend and does whatever it takes to put you on fish. Will definitely be getting out with him again soon.

I was lucky enough to get a 118# on the Halco Popper, 909XHJ, Tranx HG, 80# spectra, 60# leader.

Local fishing will never be the same, this day ruined it for me.
Bluefin Tuna.jpg

Upvote 0

fishfish

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
You are an animal and I love it!!! You guys put a whoopin on 'em!!!!
WOW, WOW and Frickin WOW !!!
Congrats....

Reactions: jeremyv75
Upvote 0

Paul Ward

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Got a chance to jump on an open party charter with Capt. Evan Salvay on The Hawk. We started our morning instantly seeing signs of life, with multiple foamers all over the place. Fish were extremely skittish to the start the day off and we spent the early morning running/gunning with no luck.

A switch flipped around 9:30/10 and it went full on national geographic. We were able to put 6 fish on the boat over a hundred with a few more in the 60/70 lb range. All fish were caught on the popper/orca and it was the single best day of fishing I have ever head.

Evan is an absolute legend and does whatever it takes to put you on fish. Will definitely be getting out with him again soon.

I was lucky enough to get a 118# on the Halco Popper, 909XHJ, Tranx HG, 80# spectra, 60# leader.

Local fishing will never be the same, this day ruined it for me.View attachment 768400

Upvote 0
B

BigPlay

I'm trying to get an open party going on Friday or Saturday with Salvay. Let me know if anyone else wants to get in on this. Need 2 or 3 more guys to make it happen.

Upvote 0

steelhead88

Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence!
Aug 18, 2008
Ventura
Name
Scott
Boat
GRAYLIGHT- Custom 23' Aluminum Pilothouse
What a pig, congratulations! Can't think of a more exciting fish to chase and you managed to put the wood to a real monster and land one.

Stoked for you, enjoy the rush that comes with a fish of a lifetime, and yes, ruined for life is an understatement!

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Good job on the tranx. Epic!

Upvote 0

chatt

Chasing fish
May 8, 2012
Lompoc, Pt. Arguello Ca.
Name
chatt
Boat
Radon 21
I'm trying to get an open party going on Friday or Saturday with Salvay. Let me know if anyone else wants to get in on this. Need 2 or 3 more guys to make it happen.
PM me please I'd like too get on with u. Id like too experience this PHENOMON!! Thanks!! Getting back too the report SICKKKKKKK!!!!!

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
HOLY POKEMOLE!

Upvote 0