INNOVATE SPJ - Designed for Head Boats

MrFish49

May 28, 2019
Duluth
Name
Eugene Lee
Boat
none
Well just ordered one from Capt Harrys, seems that the 80MH has become hard to come by now though. Got their last one they had.

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Well just ordered one from Capt Harrys, seems that the 80MH has become hard to come by now though. Got their last one they had.
The rod has been a big success, and we've sold out of stock in the first run of the Innovate MH 8'0. Any stock in the stores is what will be available until we get round two. There are still some 7'8H models left from the first run.

Over 200 rods sold within 3 months of launch, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support from everyone. It means so much to me.

Thank you.

Reactions: tugasangler

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Yes, full lineup

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Glad I preordered. Congrats Benny, you crafted a best seller.
Confirmed that Innovate 8'0 MH restock will be shipping first week of February!

Big.B

Dec 13, 2019
Miami Fl
Name
Brandon
Boat
Mako
Got this nice golden tile today in 700ft. My first tile and golden! Thank Benny and everyone for all your assistance. Love the new Innovate
82831625_474991933190481_2536723447271129088_n.jpg

Reactions: RKBridges

Big.B

Dec 13, 2019
Miami Fl
Name
Brandon
Boat
Mako
2 questions.

1. Should I be using swivel and what do you recommend if so? I always thought you just tied onto the top solid ring

2. How do you know which end of a jig to tie your leader onto? I assume jigs with eyes you tie onto the eye side, but do you normally tie onto the more slender side or does it even matter?

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
If fought properly off the reel, I would say up to 100. Keep in mind that slow pitch rods, even those with significant backbone, are not designed to be the primary tool to fight the fish - the reel is

Temple Reef will have a booth at the Fred Hall show this year.
Good to know...you have deals on this rod at the booth?

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
2 questions.

1. Should I be using swivel and what do you recommend if so? I always thought you just tied onto the top solid ring

2. How do you know which end of a jig to tie your leader onto? I assume jigs with eyes you tie onto the eye side, but do you normally tie onto the more slender side or does it even matter?
First, congrats on the tile! Glad the rod worked out for you.

Using a swivel is up to you. The choices are either leader to solid ring, or leader to ball bearing swivel. I use a swivel (#5 Spro). I feel that when you have a decent fish on, that is spinning on the way up, you get less line twist. If you're going with a solid ring, I like the Owner 6.5 size.

I generally tie to the side with the eye on it. Many slow jigs are somewhat center weighted, so it can be tough sometimes as both sides look about the same. Usually there's some subtle difference in the weighting though.

jowo

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 9, 2004
Woodland Hills
Name
Johnny
Boat
Sold
Hey Brent, are the guides on the innovate heavier than the levitates? I had them been it on my early generation levitate and had to have them replaced. The pics a few pages back look like they're heavier.

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Yes, the Innovate uses Fuji LDB super duty guides. Still on the small side but much stronger than the micro guides on previous versions on the Levitate.

The Levitate Ti also had the guide train changed to use stronger and slightly larger Fuji guides for 2020.

jowo

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 9, 2004
Woodland Hills
Name
Johnny
Boat
Sold
Yes, the Innovate uses Fuji LDB super duty guides. Still on the small side but much stronger than the micro guides on previous versions on the Levitate.

The Levitate Ti also had the guide train changed to use stronger and slightly larger Fuji guides for 2020.
Thanks, Benny! Auto correct changed your name in the last post, sorry!

Reactions: benwah22

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Grabbed both rods when they came out and have only gotten them into a few medium sized yellowtail (westcoast). I've mostly fished the 8'0" MH with an Ocea 2000NRHG, Valiant 300 and 500N2. Unlike Benny, I really like the lower gear once in the "grind" mode from down deep. :-)

I'm really looking forward to testing the 7'8" H on some bigger Yellows at Colonet and then the bluefin when they're back up this way. Will likely run Penn Torque 25NLD2 (w Tiburon handle) or even the 40NLD2 if jigging for those 60-120lbers.

Here's one on the 6'8" Levitate for reference to what I'm typically targeting out here.
View attachment 1100046
Nice Yellow...just curious if you have any updates on using it at Punta Colonet lately? TIA.

davidsk

Salty
Jun 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Name
David
Boat
myboat
Anyone have advice on how to purchase an INN-80MH?
I live in LA and haven't been able to find a local dealer.