TheBoyScout

Thanks doesn't buy gas...
Nov 13, 2014
San Diego
Name
Ray
Boat
Bayrunner Baja 21 "Rough Rider"
Take them to any auto mechanic and he’ll know a guy. You shouldn’t pay more than $25 each

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
If you can get it off the engine do it yourself.There's not a lot to it.Go to youtube.

TheBoyScout

Thanks doesn't buy gas...
Nov 13, 2014
San Diego
Name
Ray
Boat
Bayrunner Baja 21 "Rough Rider"
Do not do them yourselves! Get them professionally cleaned. They use high pressure and detergent and an ultrasonic bath. Definitely worth the money. Make sure to change all inline filters and VST tank if you have an outboard

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
I use to take my injectors for my sand car to nappa, I would imagine and injector is an injector no mater what it came from...
I have a test set up some where as well.

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
It is, and i'm getting a bad burning plug. thought it was a coil. swapped the coils around and tested , but then i hear that ticking , and shit , i have to take the fuel rail all apart to get the injectors out. oh well i found a place that specifically works with optimax injectors. only 25 bucks to completely service. i tried cleaning them myself on my old motor, and no change . i sent them to a place on fl, and for 150 bux they cleaned all 12. made a noticable difference.

Reactions: repo805

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
A bad burning plug could be the plug itself or even the plug wire if it has one.

MATTANZA

Aug 23, 2004
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
I use to take my injectors for my sand car to nappa, I would imagine and injector is an injector no mater what it came from...
I have a test set up some where as well.
there's 1 air injector , and 1 fuel injector per cylinder. i tried to take the last ones to a local place here in diego, and he didn't know how to test them or what specs they were supposed to be at. accurate injectors in nevada specializes in these optimax injectors , and done hundreds.
perfect timing with this harem scare'em flu b.s. going on. might as well change my water pump too.

Reactions: gecsr1

MATTANZA

Aug 23, 2004
Name
RICK
Boat
A bad burning plug could be the plug itself or even the plug wire if it has one.
nope swapped plugs used a spark check. ticking is a bad injector, most likely the air. could be worse.... if i had to pay to have it fixed, injectors are 600 bux for both.

ShadBurke

Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardians
Make sure injector ohms are in spec. If in spec, sent out for ultrasonic cleaning and flow testing.

onehottip

Well-Known "Member"
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
There’s shops around that does it . Hopefully there just dirty. Like others have said. Sonic treatment and the rest. Gl

MATTANZA

Aug 23, 2004
Name
RICK
Boat
In the past I've taken injectors to San Diego Carburetor on University Avenue.

www.sdcarb.com
i took em there , what a rip off, and that angry old counter bastard is an asshole. i was told 15 bucks each to clean and test them, if bad 50 to rebuild if bad. i told him i had one suspect that i would separate from the other 5 , and i wanted them all cleaned and tested first so to see if it's bad. i brought them in to a local, instead of shipping them out of state , like the last time. when i brought them in they wanted to know the specs, and got mad when i didn't know. i left them on friday , went back tues, and nothing done. go back later , and a bill for 90 bucks , and was told they were all bad and 300 buck to clean them, and rebuild. i asked weren't they cleaned and tested.... no , we just tested them, and then said that machine don't run for free, and it's 90 bucks! . i told him the motor was new , and i wanted the injectors tested and cleaned like he was told, he said it was 50 bucks each , and he never said they'd be cleaned. i asked for a print out with the flow rates, all i got was 6 numbers hand written on a scrap of paper that mean nothing and couldn't be explained by these crooks ,and they mixed up the injectors to boot{i brought them in baggies all marked 1-6}. then the old fart gets angry when i ask for a printed receipt. i had to pay cash and didn't get a receipt and i was ready to go ape, so i took my stuff payed and left. these are 2 of the worst crooks i've run into. i'm sending them to same guy that did my last motor in lake havasu. it's 25 bucks each to rebuild tune and repair. a couple day turnaround. Accurate Injector Service , nice guys, should've just went back to them.

Steve Dee

Oct 5, 2015
San Diego
Name
Steve D
Boat
Grady White 180 - "Running with Scissors"
Yikes! Bad experience! I must have got him on a day when he was taking his meds. He’s probably sniffed too many gasoline fumes in his life. Sorry it didn’t work out.

Reactions: MATTANZA

Papa "J"

May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
I was over at West Coast on Morena picking up a part and saw Robbie working there now. I noticed that have an injector cleaner / tester, not sure if it's the shops or Robbie's but they have one for anyone needing.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Yikes! Bad experience! I must have got him on a day when he was taking his meds. He’s probably sniffed too many gasoline fumes in his life. Sorry it didn’t work out.
i took em there , what a rip off, and that angry old counter bastard is an asshole. i was told 15 bucks each to clean and test them, if bad 50 to rebuild if bad. i told him i had one suspect that i would separate from the other 5 , and i wanted them all cleaned and tested first so to see if it's bad. i brought them in to a local, instead of shipping them out of state , like the last time. when i brought them in they wanted to know the specs, and got mad when i didn't know. i left them on friday , went back tues, and nothing done. go back later , and a bill for 90 bucks , and was told they were all bad and 300 buck to clean them, and rebuild. i asked weren't they cleaned and tested.... no , we just tested them, and then said that machine don't run for free, and it's 90 bucks! . i told him the motor was new , and i wanted the injectors tested and cleaned like he was told, he said it was 50 bucks each , and he never said they'd be cleaned. i asked for a print out with the flow rates, all i got was 6 numbers hand written on a scrap of paper that mean nothing and couldn't be explained by these crooks ,and they mixed up the injectors to boot{i brought them in baggies all marked 1-6}. then the old fart gets angry when i ask for a printed receipt. i had to pay cash and didn't get a receipt and i was ready to go ape, so i took my stuff payed and left. these are 2 of the worst crooks i've run into. i'm sending them to same guy that did my last motor in lake havasu. it's 25 bucks each to rebuild tune and repair. a couple day turnaround. Accurate Injector Service , nice guys, should've just went back to them.
that sucks.....