Info on Morgan Craft boats

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by dagonative, Feb 10, 2018.

1. dagonative

dagonative Newbie

Name:
    Travis
    Boat:
    Kingfish 16ft crestliner
    I have a friend that just got a Morgancraft boat, anyone know much about them? Builder was in LA, Gardena area, and supposedly built some harbor patrol boats with these molds. Just looking to see if anyone has any insight into build quality, any common issues to look for. Thank you!

Travis

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. dagonative

dagonative Newbie

Name:
    Travis
    Boat:
    Kingfish 16ft crestliner
    Where are all the California boat builder experts :). From my research it seems like they built boats from the mid 60s to early 90s. But I cannot find one review or any details on them. Just some old ads in newspapers and boating mags. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx!

3. TEAMFISH

TEAMFISH JUST ADD WATER

Name:
    DAVE
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Fisherman, Trident 13
    I use to know all the guys down there. Back in my younger days they were a very good customer of ours when I ran the machine shop for an auto parts store in Gardena, I actually built quite a few cylinder heads for them and did some block work also.
    I haven't been there in a while. Probably 5-7 years. I use to go there quite a bit and talk with the owner Bob. I also had my pilot house cover repaired a few times by 'Bear" that use to be there. I have a feeling they closed their doors. I know Bob was getting up there in age.
    Sorry but all I got for information. If I'm in the area I can stop by and see if their doors are still open.

P.S. I heard nothing but good things about their boats. But I also only dealt with them from 1982 to 2002

4. dagonative

dagonative Newbie

Name:
    Travis
    Boat:
    Kingfish 16ft crestliner
    They are closed know that for sure, hull is a 1989. So sounds like good build quality from what you remember?

5. hotstick

hotstick Member

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    24 radon , 20 wilson
    They merged years ago Minmar Marine Long Beach take a look on yahoo

TEAMFISH likes this.
  6. TEAMFISH

TEAMFISH JUST ADD WATER

Name:
    DAVE
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Fisherman, Trident 13
    From what I've heard. I personally never owned one but my ex boss spoke highly of them.