inflatable life jacket tear!

kwik_wurk

Apr 10, 2012
Indianola & Browns Point
Name
kwik_wurk
Boat
Montauk, Sailfish 2360, and Johnson18
So while recharging (expired inflator) an inflatable life jacket, noticed a small abnormality in the actually bladder fabric. Upon closer inspection a minuscule tear! Needless to say, check you inflator kits (5yrs is typical expiry) AND the bladder itself. This life jack was a Mustang MD3184, and had seen lots and lots of boating (10yrs i think), so the fact that it’s worn out doesn’t bother me... Trying to find little tears or worn out spots is a PIA, but now part of the spring routine...

(And yes keep foam life jackets on board as well. And turning this one into a training unit.)
F36F04F8-8366-4CF9-A19C-C03E755AFD6C.jpeg

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Pulled the cords on mine and made sure they held air over night. Was a long wait on some of the refill cylinders.

Upvote 0

hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Whichever I am invited onto
If you're like me and have younger kids transitioning into inflatables, I recommend having them rip the cord while wearing it. At least let them know what to expect if it does inflate or if they have to jump in...

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
If you're like me and have younger kids transitioning into inflatables, I recommend having them rip the cord while wearing it. At least let them know what to expect if it does inflate or if they have to jump in...
Take them to a swimming pool, cold lake. have dry clothes and cocoa. then you can give them the peer pressure lecture on jumping in cold water...

Upvote 0