TsTime

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 9, 2006
IB
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Alblemarle SF Ex
Hopped on the BD deal by Captain Chris, thanks for the deal. Got out a little late as they were getting in from an overnight charter. The Capt and crew were so great, I would have been one grumpy crew if I were going back to back to back. These guys worked their asses off all day and night! Sloppy conditions, OK really shitty conditions held the bite down. Hope it settles down for those going now. 3 albies to 30 16 BFT to 15 was it for the boat. I think we were working 80-100 down. Light line was the ticket and laser minnows produced. Don't wrap the others with the spectra please! I went 2 for 2 on 20 &25# test with 3' 20# floro and a 3/4 oz rubber core on 2/0 ringed circle if this helps. Good group for an open party sponsored by Bob "The Jackpot" Vanion who provided all with some nice swag. No pics taken by me.

Ibseeker

Runaway grunt
Aug 18, 2009
IB CA
Name
CJ
Boat
None
Sounds like tough fishing Gary. At least you were able to pull two out of it. Light lines and fast baits are the best option this year.

Sep 6, 2006
Orange County
Name
JONES
Boat
22' Bahia
Thanks for tips...headed down Friday with a cooler that needs filling.

harryo

harryo
May 9, 2005
San Diego
Name
Harry Okuda
Boat
sold
Hey Gary, thanks for the report. Congrats to Bob Vanian for winning the JP.

Seaya!
harryo

7N7

Jul 14, 2006
Temecula
Name
Randy
Boat
Macrowell (MAC KROLL)
Anyone else have a hard time keeping bait on the laser minnow hooks?

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I was on the trip and also ended up with 2 blufin. You really had to work for the hookups. The crew really worked hard and I know that Chris hooked and handed off at least 3 or 4 fish. Fishing conditions were tough but most people seemed to be having a good time in spite of the tough conditions. Thanks again to Chris and the crew for the special deal they ofered us and hopefully we can do it again in the future.

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
Just a thanks to the Capt. and crew for all the hard work.These men worked thier asses off the whole trip.

It's been about 8 yrs since the last time I had fished the Salt with my Father so this trip had sentimental value and dispite the weather we had a great time and both caught fish.

Hope to do it again soon ..

Thanks Again .

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
Thanks for the weather update - We are hoping to get out within the next week and weather/fishing updates are appreciated.

tonyj

Nov 18, 2007
Lakeside, CA
Name
Tony
Boat
16' Custom Jet
Thanks again, Chris! No fish for me this trip, but we'll get 'em next time. Oh yeah, I'm sure Bob's on here somewhere... thanks for the goodies courtesy of 976-Bite! Nice Albie! Where the hell are the pics?

Ib1

Getting Saltier..
May 28, 2009
IB
Name
Matt
Boat
'Slayride' Invader 183 / Hobie Quest
X3 on the shitty weather, and great crew. They kept the spirit up even in a tough bite. Went 0-2 myself, but it was a good group to fish with. Thanks again Bob for the 976Bite goody bags. Ready to go again. Keep those BD specials coming Captain Chris!

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Hmmm we were at 75-90 miles monday and it was like a lake there?
Then we went down as far as 140 and still a lake Tues, little wind.

Always fun fishing with Chris and crew..there will be better days

Ib1

Getting Saltier..
May 28, 2009
IB
Name
Matt
Boat
'Slayride' Invader 183 / Hobie Quest
Ron, let me give you a little lime to rub in with the salt.. That's not a nice thing to tell those of us that were chumming over the rail. :hali_olutta:

Next time.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Ron, let me give you a little lime to rub in with the salt.. That's not a nice thing to tell those of us that were chumming over the rail. :hali_olutta:

Next time.
YIKES....well ya should have been out with us 2 weeks ago
in 4-12ft seas and 20-30kt winds...then you'd know the diff. LOL
We caught 33 nice Yellows and 2 Dorado in that slop!

I've raced sailboats in the Transpac to Hawaii so riding
on tuna boats is like a Carnival Cruise ship to me. HA! :rofl: