INDEPENDENCE???

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by CMY SIX, Jan 16, 2012.

1. CMY SIX

CMY SIX ASSHOLE #2

Name:
    quinn
    Boat:
    exel last, next?
    not much talk on the boards about the Independence, good boat, crew, food? what's the best cabins? thinking of booking a Nov cow trip, hurricane/lower banks thanks

2. Rodman 28

Rodman 28 Newbie

Name:
    Mark Stephen
    I really like the vessel, skipper, crew, chef.....get the "right people" aboard....You'll have a GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!....Mark

3. saltwaterfish

saltwaterfish Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    looking for new one
    there is always talk about all that. most will say its the best other will say its right up there with the best - for all that stuff

4. ambush1

ambush1 Swagger Lures,

Name:
    brett bumz
    Boat:
    23' Seaswirl Cuddy Cabin BUM N OUT
    great boat great crew. get the state rooms in the stearn bunk room way smoother ride in swell. They work hard to get fish.

5. Sactotuna

Sactotuna Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    Royal Star
    pm sent

6. fyermn

fyermn Member

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    LONG RANGE fishing
    In my opinion, all the LONG RANGE boats are good! It seems that some get mentioned more on this and other sites because of the people who ride them, or are the charter-masters on them, or have some other connection with the boat. That's fine with me. Everyone has a favorite boat they like to ride and fish on. It is kind of like going to your favorite watering hole. After a few trips, you learn the boat routine, and the crew recognizes you from past trips. Some like to try all the different boats each time they go, but they usually settle on a favorite.
    Myself, I like the QUALIFIER 105. I have fished it for MANY years, and I am happy with it. But they are all good.

7. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    excellent boat and crew.

8. canyonman

canyonman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    joe
    Boat:
    Independence
    Great boat , great crew , great food , and Jeff works super hard to put you on fish. Seems to make all the right calls. Very spacious and a very comfortable ride . Try it you won't be sorry

9. OFN

OFN COB

Name:
    Nat
    Boat:
    Striper 2150, Indie
    You can't go wrong on any of the long range boats. The Independence is my favorite. Comfortable ride, I don't think there is a bad cabin. As with all the long range fleet the food is excellent (bring loose fitting pants, they will be tight by the time you get home). The captain and crew are excellent and will put you on the fish.

10. reelconcerned

reelconcerned Member

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    n/a
    I have fished the INDY since 2005, I have not had a problem with the captain or crew yet. They are top notch all the way. The boat is second to none...Paul

11. dixonrick

dixonrick Team Dixon Fishing

Name:
    Rick Dixon
    Boat:
    22Ft. Ranger Bay
    The last 10 day trip that I took was on the Indy. Jeff was the skipper and Paul was on the boat as well. They are true professionals. Jeff did his absolute best to put us on the fish. Paul introduced himself to everyone and helped out everywhere. The food was topnotch. I have been on 6 different long range boats with different opinions in regards to the boat itself, ride, layout, ect. They are all very good. But the Indy was really special. The only better ride is the Q105.

12. bad caster

bad caster Newbie

Name:
    mike mc farlane
    Boat:
    Independence
    Like they say all the boats and crew are good. If you have the chance take a trip on Indy , you will not regret it. I really like Intrepid too.

13. Loudmusic

Loudmusic Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    Fish From Shore
    I had a totally different experience than everyone else in this thread.

I loved the boat, not the crew. There was only one crew member on the trip that I went on that was extraordinary in my opinion.

I also didn't get a warm feeling from the other passengers either. I filled the last spot of a charter that didn't fill the boat on their own so they all knew each other and were generally not very friendly towards others!

I have been going on the RP ever since and will continue to because I think their crews are the most personable and skilled that I have had the pleasure to fish with.

14. davidk

davidk Member

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    Parker 18
    In case you're still looking for input, count this as a vote for the Indy. Had a great time on a 10-day. Great boat, outstanding crew, excellent food. Try it, you'll like it.

15. fishtride

fishtride Newbie

Name:
    Tony
    Boat:
    Indy
    You won't go wrong with the Indy. Great boat, crew and food. What more can you want.

16. HermosaJoe

HermosaJoe Well-Known "Member"

Looks like a classic Trip Advisor 4.75 Star. Whenever I find a restaurant on Trip Advisor with 14 good reviews and 1 person who had not-so-good experience, I tag the place as a real winner and look forward to spending my money there.

There is no perfect operation. The Indy is apparently a VERY good one.

17. Yolo

Yolo Outcasts

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Relentless
    +1 for the Indy. I have ridden other LR boats and will never stray from the Independence again. They set the baseline. True focus on Customer Service, talk to them at the Fred Hall Shows, ask them questions, food and accomodations are great. Boat you want to be on in rough weather. I ride this boat at least once a year and will do so from now on.

18. CMY SIX

CMY SIX ASSHOLE #2

Name:
    quinn
    Boat:
    exel last, next?
    I thinl I'm going to book the nov 10th trip # 25 maybe I will see some of you there?

19. bsumoba

bsumoba Newbie

Name:
    Bryan
    Boat:
    anyone doing the 7-day indy challenge? im really considering this trip. need to make a decision fast, i called and they only have 6 spots left.

20. reelconcerned

reelconcerned Member

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    n/a
    Cmy six, The indy on that trip will most likely fish Clarion, not HB, but fishing November at clarion should be real good for (4) day's with quality yft. Don't plan on alot of wahoo...Paul