Independence Thanksgiving Classic

Dexter Outdoors
Sep 30, 2019
Washington
Name
Brandon
Boat
Duckworth
Hello everyone. My name is Brandon and I have been named charter master on the independence thanksgiving classic for the 2021 season. We have 5 spots available and it’s filling fast. If anybody is interested in this trip please book or feel free to message me if you have questions about this upcoming trip. We are scheduled for an early morning departure and hoping we can board the boat a day early on thanksgiving if covid restrictions cooperate. This trip has been a big fish trip in years past and we are hoping to continue that theme this year.

Reactions: effigy

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....
Hello Brandon (“from Washington”). Would you care to say a few things about this charter? The “vibe” or anything else that might tell me....”this is a great fit”.... ?

Send me a PM if you prefer

Thank you, Mark “from Oregon”

Sep 30, 2019
Washington
Name
Brandon
Boat
Duckworth
Well hello Mark from Oregon. Where about are you from, I grew up in Eugene but work has taken me north over the years. What I can tell you is first of all, the boat is fabulous. From the platform, crew and food, it’s just an amazing operation. The group going so far consists of myself plus 9 others who are part of my party. Most of us have fished together for 20+ years, I’m the youngster at 36, the others are mostly retired but are a complete blast to fish with. Utter comedy at all times. The rest of the fisherman signed up so far are a mix of people. Some of them I know from previous trips and a few others this will be the our time fishing together but according to the secretary of the Independence, I’m told all fisherman are very experienced. As for trips past, it’s been a consistent producer of quality yft, bft, and wahoo. Hoping history repeats itself. What else can I tell you?

kevina

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Well hello Mark from Oregon. Where about are you from, I grew up in Eugene but work has taken me north over the years. What I can tell you is first of all, the boat is fabulous. From the platform, crew and food, it’s just an amazing operation. The group going so far consists of myself plus 9 others who are part of my party. Most of us have fished together for 20+ years, I’m the youngster at 36, the others are mostly retired but are a complete blast to fish with. Utter comedy at all times. The rest of the fisherman signed up so far are a mix of people. Some of them I know from previous trips and a few others this will be the our time fishing together but according to the secretary of the Independence, I’m told all fisherman are very experienced. As for trips past, it’s been a consistent producer of quality yft, bft, and wahoo. Hoping history repeats itself. What else can I tell you?
    What kind of swag are you giving out.??

Sep 30, 2019
    Washington
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Duckworth
    What kind of swag are you giving out.??

Swag at this point is to be determined. I say that because I was randomly nominated as charter master. I’m working with the boat owners to decide what”swag” will be raffled/ given away but everyone will receive something. We plan to have tackle and gear as well as clothing and hopefully a few rods and reels to raffle off.

Reactions: kevina

woodfish330

• Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Fishing with the right bunch of friends..... never requires "swag"! If its not OFFICIALLY SPONSORED.... what the hell.... why should the "charter master" be required to obtain swag to give away? Just saying .... go for the boat....go for the group.... go for the dates..... go for the Skipper and crew that will be on board.

Maybe KEVINA will be bringing some "swag" for the crew and skipper?

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen
    This looks like a great trip with a great bunch of fisherman, at a fair price, and on a fine boat I hope to fish one day, swag or no swag. If I weren't already booked for my one LR trip this year, I'd jump on this in a heartbeat!

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Fishing with the right bunch of friends..... never requires "swag"! If its not OFFICIALLY SPONSORED.... what the hell.... why should the "charter master" be required to obtain swag to give away? Just saying .... go for the boat....go for the group.... go for the dates..... go for the Skipper and crew that will be on board.

Totally agree... I can count on one hand really useful swag that I really crave. (Except for Accurate swag)

snordo

Almost A Member
    Sep 21, 2005
    Torrance
    Name
    Gregg
    Boat
    Indy
    Brandon, I will be joining you on this trip and was part of last Thanksgiving trip as well. Looking forward to spending time on the rail with you and catching some fish. Last Thanksgiving we got lucky with some nice 40-50 lb. yellowtail at the Morgan Bank...just had to get used to yo-yo'ing 60-80 lb. test from 350 feet down, :oops:

Jackpot by Andy Baldwin around 235lbs.

Snordo

40 lb Yellows.jpg

40-50 lb yellows from Morgan Bank.jpg

33824.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Sometimes the chartermaster really does give away the right stuff. Two trips I’ve fished had great chartermasters who took good care of us.

Gary Teraoka on an Accurate sponsored charter, is also Pro Staff for Izorline as well as Calstar. Gary had swag that was relevant to the trip.

Then I had the privilege of fishing a couple of trips sponsored by Ken’s Custom Reel. One ran by Wes, one by Ken. They were great.

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport

I'm One step ahead of you, Every Long Range Trip I go on, Depending on the boat and Crew I usually spend between $300-$500 dollars on goodies for the Entire Crew, Your basic things that they could use every day (Socks, drinks, jerkey, kind bars, etc). About the swag remark, Last time I was a Charter Master well over 20 years ago, It was pretty much standard for the Industry that; "When your riding for free your suppose to bring giveaways that are in equal to or greater of the price of your free ticket". I don't 100% understand what being a "OFFICAL Charter Master Means?" All the L.R. trips I've been on, When their is a Charter Master or A Rep, There's always giveaways prior or during the trip, This includes L.R Trips that are listed as "OPEN". My Original comment "About Free Swag" was not trying to put anyone on the spot or break anyone's balls. Some people can perceive it the way they want to, By any meaning It was not intended to be in a derogatory question. I apologize if anyone perceived it other than it's original intention!

snordo

Almost A Member
    Sep 21, 2005
    Torrance
    Name
    Gregg
    Boat
    Indy
    Sometimes the chartermaster really does give away the right stuff. Two trips I’ve fished had great chartermasters who took good care of us.

Gary Teraoka on an Accurate sponsored charter, is also Pro Staff for Izorline as well as Calstar. Gary had swag that was relevant to the trip.

Then I had the privilege of fishing a couple of trips sponsored by Ken’s Custom Reel. One ran by Wes, one by Ken. They were great.
    Steve, or sometimes you win some speakers with no boxes, lol. Don't know if you have any left since it has been many years since those RB trips. lol