Soda Pop

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
I just got the last spot on this trip. Its so close they wanted me to get a cashiers check from my bank. I haven't rode the boat in some time so I understand why they would not accept my check. Not a problem. Just checking to see if anyone is on this trip. This will be my first time on this trip. I think we might be the 1st boat down at HB because the Excel and the Intrepid didn't do there 15 day trips this year. Excited to be part of this trip.

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Good for you Soda, what day does it leave? I’ll be leaving on Sunday

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
The boat is great, The food is killer, But I don't know about the experience the new captain has fishing H.B. and the lower banks, Hopefully Mark or Paul will run the trip! Have fun.

LEGALWISE

Nov 17, 2011
VALENCIA,CA
Name
DON KLAHS
Boat
INDEPENDANCE
Welcome aboard. Most of the guys on this trip have been together for about a decade. Nice group of men and excellent fishermen. Get ready to have a whole heck of a lot of fun.
Also, you can get on the boat Thanksgiving evening, the day before it leaves.If you want to do this, give Judy a call to let her know you’re coming down. There’s a small additional fee but it’s worth it to get on early and get all your stuff put away.

salbacore

Jun 25, 2007
lake forest ca.
Name
sal proetto
Boat
17 arima
Welcome , this is a great group and Roger is an awesome charter master . Be ready for lots of laughs. Matt is really good we are in very good hands. If you need any info feel free to message me . See you soon!

stephen campbell

aka "Soup"
Jul 7, 2016
oro valley az
Name
Stephen Campbell
Boat
S/V Bluechablis Valiant 40
If one has never been fortunate enough to board a LR trip the night before you are in for a super perk! Every thing is slow and easy, get ta know some of the folks and the crew that babysits ya for the night. I have always felt the departure day included in 15 day 16 day ect trip was a bit of a jip ahahah B and I have chosen out yearly trips for our own reasons but the board early is a tie breaker for us.
Old guys.jpg

hagridfish

Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
Have a GREAT time David. Roger is a really good Charter master. Lots of goodies the year I went with him. Plus he's just plain "nice". The boat is really comfortable, even better than the other two we were on together! Crew was a lot of fun, Haven't fished with any of the skippers that are still on her though, enjoy my friend. :-) wish I could be there with you............

Reactions: Soda Pop

LEGALWISE

Nov 17, 2011
VALENCIA,CA
Name
DON KLAHS
Boat
INDEPENDANCE
If one has never been fortunate enough to board a LR trip the night before you are in for a super perk! Every thing is slow and easy, get ta know some of the folks and the crew that babysits ya for the night. I have always felt the departure day included in 15 day 16 day ect trip was a bit of a jip ahahah B and I have chosen out yearly trips for our own reasons but the board early is a tie breaker for us.View attachment 1086713
Love that picture!! We look exactly like that.

screamingreel

Long Range Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
Hayward CA
longrangesportfishingsandiego.com
Name
Jeff Burroughs
Boat
Long Range and Private
I just got the last spot on this trip. Its so close they wanted me to get a cashiers check from my bank. I haven't rode the boat in some time so I understand why they would not accept my check. Not a problem. Just checking to see if anyone is on this trip. This will be my first time on this trip. I think we might be the 1st boat down at HB because the Excel and the Intrepid didn't do there 15 day trips this year. Excited to be part of this trip.
Have a great trip, David! I am surprised they insisted on a cashier's check. Interesting... Not sure what I think about it from a customer experience perspective. Especially considering how many trips you do.

Good luck, have fun and break a leg!

- Jeff Burroughs

SD Carp

Apr 15, 2009
San Diego
Name
Bo
Boat
half of wallnut
great boat & captain. I was on this trip last year and had a blast. Awesome group of fishermen that know their stuff & love sharing knowledge. If it wasn't for a Hawaian vacation next month with the family, I would be fishing with you. Got to keep the wife happy too. The food is dangerously good and you may gain a few lbs.

hagridfish

Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
Hey Dave.
Try and put up a quick report if you can when you get back. I felt spoiled on my trip, hope you have the same experience. Sure wish I could go with you.

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Also, you can get on the boat Thanksgiving evening, the day before it leaves.If you want to do this, give Judy a call to let her know you’re coming down. There’s a small additional fee but it’s worth it to get on early and get all your stuff put away.
Very convenient way to board.
What happens when you have to use the bathroom?
Is the AC running or is it turned off?
Do you get a gate card so that you can leave the boat and re- enter ?
Is there a crew member on board in case of an emergency?