Increased crime in Baja?

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Have a good one Denis, report? Some people will never get it, have fun, tell you captain howdy, probably stop by his house in a few weeks if I see his boat,

wahoochaser2003

Trying to retire
Apr 24, 2009
Lakewood, Colorado Los Barriles BCS
Name
steve
Boat
20.5' center console panga "Miss Camila"
I have been going to Baja for twenty five years, drove it four times, delivering a van, a boat and a trailer to the truest best friend I have ever had. I agree, the Mexican people, as a whole, are some of the sweetest folks I ever met. Drove it once with my wife, just to show her one of the most beautiful, fantastic places I have ever been. I have never felt more alive in my life than when I was driving the Baja. That being said, I would never, ever do it again unless it was in a caravan of at least two groups. The juice just ain't worth the squeeze. Way to dangerous. La Paz is my favorite city in all of Mexico but I haven't been there since the cartel lit the place up, three or four years ago. Way, way to many murders. I have a panga and a truck down there.and spend months at a time on The East Cape. Things have changed in Baja Sur, ask anyone who spends any time there.

Beer Goggles

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 9, 2007
Trabuco Canyon CA
Name
O
Boat
The Snapper Slapper

Jones-White

Apr 10, 2018
Long beach
Name
Chris
Boat
Handmade 22' V hull Dory. (Jeff Spira Design)
Keep your cash hidden and always carry $20/40 in your pocket for that pesky popo that will sometimes pull you over

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Keep your cash hidden and always carry $20/40 in your pocket for that pesky popo that will sometimes pull you over
This is a huge prob for me...
If the police are willing and expected to break the law in what many consider an acceptable way what is to stop them from going to far..
Where is the line drawn...?

pele

May 20, 2009
Ventura
Name
ken
Boat
I found out the hard way about boats
This is a huge prob for me...
If the police are willing and expected to break the law in what many consider an acceptable way what is to stop them from going to far..
Where is the line drawn...?
There is none .

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
There is none .
Kinda funny how some of these same guys that think cops robbing people is something they can deal with yet someone smoking weed on a boat is a non starter and deserves harsh punishment...

Last edited:
Reactions: plj46

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
my last rrip to baja was abut 94.. while in loreto at that great mesqite fired pollo loco cart right as you enter town the federales pulled up. saw a new truck and real ice aluminum skiff. we had just gotten back from fishing and had ten rods visible...the guy in charge was being hounded by one of his guys to seaech...find a reason to morditize.. or just plain steal our stuff...i was pretending not to notice but it was a very unnerving situation...havent been back to baja since

Dogman619

Nov 6, 2012
Bahia de los Angeles. Spring Valley
Name
Chris
Boat
Sea Pro 18DC
Too bad about the latest BS in BOLA!!!! Stay on point weird stuff going down. Might be too new to talk about on here. But I'm throwing a heads up out there. Some may or may not like this. Look on Nomads!!! Not Cool!

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
Too bad about the latest BS in BOLA!!!! Stay on point weird stuff going down. Might be too new to talk about on here. But I'm throwing a heads up out there. Some may or may not like this. Look on Nomads!!! Not Cool!
Latest BS in BOLA?

Dogman619

Nov 6, 2012
Bahia de los Angeles. Spring Valley
Name
Chris
Boat
Sea Pro 18DC
But after a cpl days... It needs to come out and maybe something can happen. But it's complete BS!!!!! They were VERY VERY GOOD friends of my parents.
This type of shit has got to stop or that town will suffer big time.

Last edited:

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
LA bay suffered huge losses in sport fishing / tourism and ex pat retiree residences during the 2006-2009 baja narco traffico wars. It has taken it nearly a decade to recover these losses..........this event is really bad for bahia.

Damion

Apr 19, 2014
Name
Damion
Boat
Bandito
What happened ?
According to what I have read, two Americans and their dog were killed. Very sad. If true, the locals/police need to find the culprits and deal with these fuckers.

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Heading down to BOLA soon. I saw some articles of increased crime in Baja. Knock on wood, never had an issue.... but anybody notice this lately??
No matter how you look at , might rethink things, shit will hit the fan for a while, elections up here, mainland criminals have less affect on Pacific side. Sad for locals, sad for victims,

jbarbosa

Oct 24, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
Name
John "Rio" Barbosa
Boat
cabo panga
There's been alot more shootings and gun violence lately in San Jose del Cabo, and not just among the Narcos. Last year, a tourist lady got hit by crossfire in front of the Mega while jogging. Everyone knows about the beach murders in front of the Palmilla launch beach amid Cartell machine-gun fire...But lately alot more gun assaults on ex-Pats and tourists...

Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
You got to love the post "Ive been driving in Baja for the past 150 years and never had a problem". Guess what, News flash, times have changed, just ask the two Americans who were murdered in the home along with their pet dog from the thiefs who were attempting to steal their boat parked on their property. And then Google Americans murdered in Baja for 2018/2017 and then you'll see. So stop with the "I've been driving bla,bla,bla,........

Reactions: gved823