Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
SoCal
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
let me know what you have. also interested in drag up grade. I have checked with Tiburon and Ken's neither have them any longer.

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
SoCal
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
The cost is not the problem. It's finding the gear for a USA model because that is what I have. Also I can service my own reels so I just really want the gear, but if someone had it installed on there own 80 series reel, then I would consider that too.

Still hunting for this unicorn or white whale either way, let me know guys.... I know there is one out there!!!!!

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
SoCal
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
Let's try this again now that everyone seems to be coming out of the Covid comm. whatcha got?

Upvote 0

Fishhead17

Almost A Member
Nov 20, 2017
Northern CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Willie
I’ve got several USA made SSTs in that size range, so would take 4 low gear sets. Why not start up an order. I’m sure there are a number of members out there that could use the low gear. Find out what the price is from Tiburon and let us know.

Reactions: NorCal wanderer
Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
SoCal
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
I connect with Tiburon and they are willing to run a set of gears, but it would be a new full set, i.e. high and low like the okuma made reels. So helical cut gears which will.amke the. Reel a little quieter than normal

Reactions: NorCal wanderer
Upvote 0

dh515

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 18, 2004
    So Cal
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Intrepid, Red Rooster III, Spirit of Adventure
    I would be interested in a couple of sets too.

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
    Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    Here is the skinny for anyone that might be interested in the low gear..
    Tiburon can run them, but they would use the newer helical design like what was used on the Okuma made reels. So that means you would get both a new lower gear AND a new high gear. It should quite the reel down some.

Also the way to tell if you have the newer reel with the helical gears already Is by checking where the s/n is engraved. If it's on the reel foot, the new. If your s/n is on the reel housing the you got the old reel.

Any one have questions or is interested, let me know.

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
    Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    Ken could also probably use ten or so low gear sets, given how many SSTs he works on. Maybe Cal as well.

Not sure if Ken would want to carry any inventory give that when I called they hadn't had a request for some in years.

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
    Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    I count about 12 requests so far. If this is going to happen, then we need to hit a minimum in order to make it feasible. I welcome all pms if anyone else is interested.

One word of fair warning here. The original gear was about $100 from what I was able to find out +15years ago and only 100 were made which took time to sell. I don't know the price point at this time because it quantity driven. I am assuming $150-$200, course the more they make the cheaper it is, but this is and too much cash for me to float for only 12 orders right now.

Upvote 0