In Case Your Fishing Canada

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by tacklejacked, Aug 15, 2017.

1. barnettm

barnettm Member

Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    24 Grady White, 220 ex Defiance
    This is not bad unless they use the info to further abuse us. It is nice not having to call Canada anymore. Now you do not have to insure your crew has passport or enhanced license.

2. fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    Classic wdfw bullshit! They are rolling out the red carpet for a solid f**king we will be taking, likely financially, next year. As jay stated, greatly understaffed, and now allocate resources to this?
    How them nets doing anyways? Wtf!

Dash One likes this.
  3. Dash One

Dash One Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    21’ Bayrunner Skiff
    With the State assuming so much sweeping authority, I wonder what the penalty is for non-compliance.

Here's my Wild ID number :2gunsfiring_v1: you cockroaches. :finger: in your stoopid ass.

I'm clear,

Jay

4. ledbed6b

ledbed6b I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Eli
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    This is incorrect based on multiple discussions I have had with US customs. The public website and pamphlets still have the rules from 2009 where you did not need to check in if fishing only. However the official policy was updated such that you did need to check in with customs upon re-entry even for fishing.

Now that being said I have no idea how they would punish you when the only public information contradicts the formal rule.

Believe me, trying to get a straight answer on this subject is a nightmare but I did my own research and I play by the rules I found in doing that research

5. BugeaterInWa

BugeaterInWa Fear the Corn

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Boulton
    stoopid is as stoopid does...

I would really like to know just who the F came up with this brilliance... There is a scheme here, I'm sure of it.

Dash One likes this.
  6. Rellis

Rellis Boss

Name:
    Ray Ellis
    Boat:
    21' Trophy, "Cape Spencer"
    Another opportunity as one said earlier in this thread. Wait for next year. I will pay my way to play but what's in your wallet? Anyway they do need a WAy to determine that your fish was from Canada aye.

7. “biteme”

“biteme” Killin kings

Name:
    Brian B
    Boat:
    26 osprey
    Next they will want to know what was caught and that info will magically go into our yearly quota. I wont be complying with this stupid rule.

8. fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    Well Brian that's a solid point. They will also share the information with the co-managers and this will obviously lead to a larger quota available to them!

Sockeye71 and BugeaterInWa like this.
  9. BugeaterInWa

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Boulton
    I'm thinking its some one amongst us who put this forward.

On another subject but from the same thought (some amongst us) I also hear there might be some Hali info released/avail soon... This is coming from (not directly to me) the Cronquistmister of ___ and ___!

Hali tag auctions coming to a dealer near you!

Really too fucking bad there are SOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking many blind, deaf, dumb sheeple in this herd of sport fishers.

10. Fish_kid

Fish_kid The Right Angler

Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    Parker 2120 "F-14"
    Actually I don't think Dave is the brain child on this, and the e-mail I have seen says he thinks it's a stupid idea...
    Not sure where it came from...

11. Phish'n Phool

Phish'n Phool Member

Name:
    Par
    Boat:
    Grady White Marlin
    As stated above, WDFW used the Canadian access # as proof you actually "fished" there, if they checked you at port. They updated all the rules in the pamphlet last year. Then the Canadians decided to open all access to US fisherman, without calling for access #, which pissed off WDFW leadership. We are being punished as a result. Seems to me that a marked Canadian license should suffice without all the BS forms.

FISHTALE2, gabe0308 and Dash One like this.
  12. Flying Arima

Flying Arima Member

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    sold
    Shhh you're gonna piss off the gate keeper :finger:

13. FVSerenity

FVSerenity Captain

Name:
    Rod
    Boat:
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    I'm not sure, I always call the cbp, they never said anything about not having to? I tell them I'm coming over for the day to fish and they give me my controlNumber. You are entering Canada why wouldn't you have to check in? What has wdfw got to do with that?

I never catch anything in Canada anyways;)

14. FVSerenity

FVSerenity Captain

Name:
    Rod
    Boat:
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    One big happy family:)

15. Sockeye71

Sockeye71 If it swims... we will hunt it down and club it!

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    Olympic 26' XLC "Sea Monkey"

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  16. Mpizzle

Mpizzle Bobber down!

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    20’ Glasply
    I don't see any citation issued by DFW for fish harvest in Canada having any legs in a court of law. Canadian fish, Canadian waters, Canadian license.... no way DFW can force you to have a WA license..... nice try though guys.

17. BugeaterInWa

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Boulton
    What business is it of WDFW if I or others fish in another countries waters?

Simple question I think? Not WA fish not WA quota, not WA juris... If you hunt in Canada, do you have to inform WDFW that your going to Canada to hunt?

Collecting data... for what purpose?

Simply put, WDFW and others in their ear (Wolves amongst us) track record over the past several years has brought all this skepticism on themselves as most feel completely unsupported by WDFW and disenfranchised.

Swede and FISHTALE2 like this.
  18. barnettm

barnettm Member

Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    24 Grady White, 220 ex Defiance
    If they start requiring us to file a post fishing report with number and type of fish caught, then the courts should here about it. What I am afraid of is that, with this system, they will discover how many people have bailed on US fisheries and gone to Canada. Then they will apply their famous fuzzy math of # people * some are cheaters and fish US *# fish caught *endangered * etc *etc and come up with further restrictions on our allotment.

BugeaterInWa likes this.
  19. EJ Swanny

EJ Swanny I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Please, SOMEONE, please explain the dead-nuts rules to me like I'm the village idiot (I am). Not....... "I'm not choosing to do this or that", just the new regulations on the Canadian and Washington (U.S.) side.

So, in the past, once I entered Canadian waters I called Canadian #, they asked a bunch of questions (location, intent, passengers, liquor (I lie of course), money, etc., etc.) at the end of the call I would get a number. Write it down, fish, be happy.

Now, I go to this WDFW website and just fill that form out and I'm free as a bird. How early in advanced do I need to fill the form out? What if I decide to stay an extra day or if I have 2 passengers instead of 3 at the last minute? I do not have to notify BC AT ALL???? What if I get checked by a BC fishery boat, give them some stupid WDFW confirmation #??????

In theory it is a helluva alot easier...just fill some dumbass form out 2 weeks before I go....but is it that simple?????

Thanks for any info.....Swanny

TimeZoned likes this.
  20. tacklejacked

tacklejacked Capt./ Ho if I get to drive

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT

Simple. The previous way did not involve WDFW. It was a customs thing, plain and simple. Now the powers to be at customs decided as long as you are only salmon fishing and not making landfall they really don't want to be bothered by you. Make sure your shit is still squared away if you do get boarded by Canadian fisheries though.

All of the sudden fishing Canada for salmon became easy. So, small resorts on the straights are trying to save their livelihood, (Masons for one) and asking people to stay with them and fish Canada for the month of Sept. WDFW thought they had us all shutdown for a Sept season so they are all pissed now. They decided to make it inconvenient to fish Canada again so they decided on this new rule. And also found a way to track the who and how many are fishing Canada. Its a precursor move to more regulations and the continued downward spiral of WDFW( Washington Department of Financial Waste)