wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Yes, but they only want to feed on 2.4 year old unclipped coho on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturday’s, and 1.4 year old unclipped kings the other days. So, they really have waaaay less food….🤦‍♂️

Upvote 0

OceanSun

Captain
  • Mar 26, 2013
    Snohomish WA
    Name
    Dan Meyer
    Boat
    Ocean Dancer 21' Trophy
    WFC will use this as a proof point to help shut down the hatchery plans to feed the whales (with presumed additional sport opportunity that may provide).

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
    Nov 30, 2010
    Redondo/WA
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    What's the limit on whales again?
    For the Makah's, whenever they feel it's necessary to exercise their traditional, ancestral rights with a .50 caliber.....

Upvote 0

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    .Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
    WFC will use this as a proof point to help shut down the hatchery plans to feed the whales (with presumed additional sport opportunity that may provide).
    Right on cue!

fb

Upvote 0

OceanSun

Captain
  • Mar 26, 2013
    Snohomish WA
    Name
    Dan Meyer
    Boat
    Ocean Dancer 21' Trophy
    Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
    Nov 30, 2010
    Redondo/WA
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    WOW - Now I'm no genius, more towards the village idiot, but someone please explain this......

"A new lawsuit aims to halt a Washington initiative that’s increasing hatchery Chinook production so that more are available for starving southern resident killer whales, with shirttail benefits for fishermen."

So they want to "HALT" hatchery Chinook production to save the Orcas???? Do Orcas make sure their is an adipose fin is clipped before eating them? For those hatches that go unclipped can they "sense the difference and decide not to eat? What exactly is our "shirttail benefit" to this???????

Again maybe I'm missing something......this is perplexing. Can anyone shed logic on the other side of the coin?? Thanks

Upvote 0

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    I can't be sure, because I despise these f*cksticks, but I believe the logic is: WFC wants to stop the state from dumping hatch kings into the rivers and Sound. The hatch kings would benefit the orcas, and the hatch kings would benefit fishermen too (whole wardrobe, not just the shirt tails). But the WFC don't GAF, and want everybody to suck it, including the fake starving whales, but especially us knuckledragging fish bonking MF'ers.

Make sense?

Yeah, me neither,

fb

Reactions: ericwa285
    Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    I can understand their (WFC) views on wild fish and hatcheries (although I don't agree with it given the reality we live in) but the time, effort and money they invest is unbelievable.

It's almost like a conspiracy to create an ongoing low intensity chaos

Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    WFC funds itself partially with settlements from WDFW (taxpayers and license holder’s money really). Their goal is to make a paycheck off of the government. I don’t think it matters what the state was doing, WFC would oppose it.

Upvote 0

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    I don't think they're all in it for the money, or that it's some damn conspiracy (although I'm not on facefuck so who knows). I think WFC is composed of some passionate people who really care about wild or native fish. They're not much into harvest, and evidently don't really care much about numbers of fish available for angling/harvest/whale food, but they are sold on the dream of sustainable wild trout and salmon, which I'm not sure is realistic anymore.
    fb

• Haha
    Reactions: Genie Aye
    Upvote 0

boguePogie

Jun 15, 2021
    Seattle WA
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    Blue 1
    WOW - Now I'm no genius, more towards the village idiot, but someone please explain this......

"A new lawsuit aims to halt a Washington initiative that’s increasing hatchery Chinook production so that more are available for starving southern resident killer whales, with shirttail benefits for fishermen."

So they want to "HALT" hatchery Chinook production to save the Orcas???? Do Orcas make sure their is an adipose fin is clipped before eating them? For those hatches that go unclipped can they "sense the difference and decide not to eat? What exactly is our "shirttail benefit" to this???????

Again maybe I'm missing something......this is perplexing. Can anyone shed logic on the other side of the coin?? Thanks
    I think that's just a poorly worded sentence... A grouping of words that more clearly relates the concept that the author is trying to get across might be:

"A new lawsuit aims to halt a Washington initiative aimed at increasing hatchery Chinook production. The driving goal behind the WA initiative is to make more Chinook available for SRKW. WA fishing enthusiasts would also benefit from this initiative".

Upvote 0

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
  • Sep 25, 2008
    Westport/Renton
    Name
    Cap't Paul
    Boat
    V-20 Wellcraft w/200 G2
    WFC didn't get paid on the last lawsuit agianst WDFW, I hear that Suswind refuses to pay them our money anymore, this lawsuit is about money for them plus they are really po'd that HSRG has been kicked out of the state, because the tribes backed us for having HSRG removed.

Upvote 0

eldplanko

got the skunk off
    Jun 18, 2012
    Ballard
    Name
    My other boat is a piece of...
    Boat
    Floater
    WFC’s argument on why they have standing…

3630FA8C-CA08-495D-93EC-A134F1DB31F5.jpeg

Upvote 0