Almost A Member
Sep 15, 2003
San Diego
Name
Bo
Boat
23' Sea Fox WA Fish Lounge
photo-jpg.545040

On any other day everyone would be ripping the skipper of the other boat for being so close and inside the sporty :)...... but what this jerk off is doing makes the other boat nearly invisible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26grumpy
Upvote 0

OpporTUNAty

Bad Days?
Jun 20, 2014
California
Name
Jim, Jim
Boat
RELIANCE, San Diego
image.jpg

I heard some googan on the radio talking about using a kelp cutter rig. Hmmm, never heard of it but this seems right?

It's gotta be, let um go....

Upvote 0

Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
  • Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    25’, 22’ Whalers
    For the ones who're not familiar with setting up at a kelp at the beginning and not knowing to paying attention to the direction of the drift, they sure could end up right in it.
    That's especially true if there're many boats working it and trying to jockey for position as in this case.

Upvote 0

BigJoe

No fish in O'side
    Dec 6, 2005
    Vista
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    26', Striper, Wage Burner
    Is it me or does this happen more often?

Yesterday I was out and almost every paddy I find (not many due to taking newbies) it seemed like other boats just charged right up and parked on the paddy. I am used to having it happen a few times while out but not at every stop... I would get setup start my drift and by the time I was ready for the second drift there was a boat in position to free gaff the paddy, even my newbie crew was scratching their heads :confused:

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    Nice man, you got a nice way of shitting on someone's parade. Who fucking cares!? Next time you lose a fish that you didn't get to see color on, post it here I'll make sure to say it was just a fucking horse mackerel! Stooge.

Not only does unknown fisherman shit on parades, he also busts ass into wine glasses then smells it. He knows everything. And smells his own farts.

Reactions: middleofnowhere
    Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    That was such a nice thick paddy and the boat not so big. I wonder if this boat was able to hide the profile of his hull to the fish ?

Upvote 0

backslash

I learned to fish with plumber's line...
    Jul 28, 2009
    Oceanside
    Name
    Dey
    Boat
    Sold
    Let them become a paddy themselves, then, fish the outside and the deep water...you and I know who gets the fish...
    ;)

Upvote 0
    May 4, 2006
    CA.
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Emma June
    SIMPLE! If I see myself drifting towards the patty, even if hooked up, I fire up the motor and give me the boat little kick to make sure to stay off it.. Especially if there are others around.

Classic the other boat between the party boat and the kelp isn't getting a shellacking.

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV
    Nice job navigating! Looks like he has that vessel centered perfectly. Probably using salmon eggs for bait.
    Geeeeeeez

No way. green sparkle power bait all the way.

photo-jpg.545040

Incredible....you just can never know how stupid people really can be. Probably though it was too deep to anchor, so next best thing....

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Yucca Valley, CA USA
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    Is this guy even old enough to be on this site?

The unknown fisherman:p:

What "sitonmyface" said was funny and seems like it could be true based on the condescending tone of your post LOL. When I read your first post in this thread, my first thought was "why"?

Sometime it's better to confront someone face to face rather than slander them on the internet. ...

No, confrontation may lead to worse. Posting here is better, no threats or hurt feelings on the water. Nobody will recognize his boat from this thread and everyone will probably forget all about it in a couple of days, just like the past incident you refer to.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    Geez guys, haven't you figured kelp paddy fishing out yet. If you sit right on top of the kelp the fish will not go into it. They will be always swimming away from it.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    What "sitonmyface" said was funny and seems like it could be true based on the condescending tone of your post LOL. When I read your first post in this thread, my first thought was "why"?

Funny.... uh ok, I thought it was pretty grade school myself, but didn't expect much different being that his username is "sitonmyface" and below that it says "SEXNOW" with his occupation listed as "eatingyourmomspoontang"

Your point taken though, and honestly the furthest thing I try to be is condescending. I've got lots to learn all the time, and have learned plenty from many people here on BD as well. I only try to pass on those things that I have been taught and told from those who learned well before me........ my intention is always to help and nothing more. If it helps someone then great, and if not, well I tried.

Yeah I probably could have and should have put up the reason from the start, but in honesty I didn't for the simple reason (which is kind of funny now) that I was hoping someone else would say it rather than me.

Cheers!:cheers:

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

Patudo

Almost A Member
    Jun 4, 2004
    Lon
    Name
    dscf
    Boat
    None
    Blue marlin aren't baited. For whatever reason they don't come up tailing or show themselves as sleepers to bait them as we do a striped marlin.

It doesn't happen very often, but I have seen atlantic blues finning and even what you might call sleeping (very dark colouration, more drifting rather than swimming, seemingly resting). A SoCal blue marlin could well find itself finning on top for the same reasons striped marlin and swordfish do the same thing (recharging internal heat after feeding in deeper cooler water etc).

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    NTFS.......
    But most likely didn't make a difference, him being on the paddy, the school was most likely under the sport boat anyway......

Upvote 0