Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
Nice job navigating! Looks like he has that vessel centered perfectly. Probably using salmon eggs for bait.
Geeeeeeez

Last edited:

jerryl

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 17, 2011
West Hills, CA, USA
Name
Jerry
Boat
N/A
When you fish on top of a paddy, how do you prevent the fish from swimming into the paddy? No use in turning their head.

OnoEric

Dec 13, 2003
San Marcos
Name
Eric
Boat
Grady White 208
I watched a lot of people put their stern to the paddy and cast into it today while free swimming dorado would be jumping 20 feet off their bow. I even saw a boat drive between a guy and his hooked dorado so they literally had to grab his line and lift it over their heads. But this one wins.

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Bummer on the paddy poacher!

Not trying to ruin your marlin story, but it's highly unlikely that you were trying to bait a Blue Marlin. Much more likely a striped marlin or maybe a Swordie. :)

The unknown fisherman:p:

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
I'm pretty sure he's not doing it right. Buncha MO-Rons

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
don't fish live inside the kelp?
yes, they are only directly below it. its useless to drift outside and past, he has the right idea. :D

FishinChic

May 15, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Karen
Boat
Bubba Jean 28
We heard something yesterday about an 'idiot in the red shirt' on the radio.....now it's clear!! With 15 boats around, how did he get out alive?

Jonny D

Pelagic Hunter
Jul 30, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Jon
Boat
34-luhrs-Osprey
some peoples stupidity is down rite unbelievable. Glad you got that on film

bajaandy

Condition One
Jun 13, 2008
Escondido
Name
Andy
Boat
Parker 2530 "WET-O's"
You guys are all so critical. It's obvious he was simply trying to split the paddy in two, thereby increasing the chances for more fish to be caught by all. (And if you believe that, I've got some kelp paddies I'd like to sell you...)

That dude's gonna have to paint his boat, change the canvas color on the t-top, shave his head, grow a beard, and for God's sakes DON'T WEAR A RED SHIRT ANYMORE!!!!

FishinChic

May 15, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Karen
Boat
Bubba Jean 28
Can we get a photo caption contest going with this one? :D

"Hey...I got this handled, I'm from La Push Washington. I know there's a paddy under all this kelp somewhere."
OMG!!! Where is the WINNER!! icon when you need it!

chef gabe

Eat the collars!
Aug 23, 2014
Dana Point
Name
Gabe
Boat
Aqua Pazza (translates to Crazy Water and this is the name of an Italian Fishermans Stew)
I always thought paddy hopping meant going from one to another. I didn't know it meant hopping up onto the kelp! What a kook. I'm sure his bait tank got clogged.

irob2

Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
Man i thought thats how your supposed to fish a paddy boy i guess i was wrong all this time

irob2

Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
Thats better that the dipshit who pulled my entire paddy out of the water onto his bow to get his dorado out of it. When i call him on it he says dont wory ill put the paddy back fucking dipshits

Reactions: slydawg