Choonaguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 17, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Joe Kane
Boat
none
Well boys it's time to really start getting ready to get back into the swing of things. I know this isn't a report but it's plenty to give quite a bit of us those winter time stiffies. Sounds like the tribute down at colonet is reporting signs of bluefin today. Apologies if i should've put this in the chit chat section I just couldn't help myself this one time

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Wait. I thought they were still at the Tanner making me jealous. I guess I can start looking at fish reports again. :D

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Chit chat, chit chat, chit chat!!! :gay:

Things have been more than interesting since early spring of 2015, so let's keep the ball rolling! YFT, then the hoo's, then the behemoth BFT, and on and on. I'd like to see some early spring YT make a showing along Pendelton with some biscuits mixed in.
GOPR0144.JPG

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
I was on the boat too. There was a lot of signs.many were confusing. Some miss spelled...others would have been enticing but there was a 60 female head sticking out.

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
what does that even mean? what exactly is sign of bluefin? what are they reporting? didn't give me a stiffy btw.

Upvote 0

Shimano Penn

Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
I was on the Pac Queen surrounded by 4-5 other boats at Colonett Saturday. Yes there were BFT busting the surface all around us. I'm no judge but crew and those who seemed credible were all saying 100 lb class. Like most on board I had nothing but 30 lb gear, felt like trying for them would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight. We all just watched them while we yo yo'd the day away.

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Getting all the gear ready to try to greenstick them bastards this year. Looking like 2k to be fully rigged with stick terminal tackle and bird. The bandit real or electric reels were pricey so ill use releases and just use the greenstick to keep the lines out of the water. We will seebut this report meansthey are coming again so i may pull the trigger soon.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Just saw that the Fish Dope Spotter plain found them in US water. No real details other than West, US waters. It is posted on their FB page, so I am not violating any FD rules by mentioning it here.

Upvote 0