Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
Went south to fish the ITC. Wind was a blowing. That would be a central theme to the weekend. Decided to stay conservative and fish salmon Friday and put all out chips on Saturday.

Being pretty ill prepared for salmon as fsr as gear and Intel we failed miserably on Friday.

Went all in on Saturday. Forecast really turned shitty but most of the ride out was decent. Soon as we got out it started blowing hard.

Right out of the gate I'm watching some bird activity and see about a 6ft marlin jump. Pretty awesome. This was about 46 08/124 50. Needless to say she wasn't interested in our cedar or x raps.

Ended up finding some fish at 46 00/125 00. Kept making circles. Hook one, convert one on iron. Bait wasn't happening when drifting at 5kts. Basically repeated this all day for a total of 11 and some more lost. Had to call it early because the ride back was pretty brutal. Gonna take the next week to tighten all of the screws that fell out during the excursion.

Overall tough day for most based on the radio chatter.

They are around, they will bite but wait for decent weather

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
Aug 11, 2019
PNW
Name
Andre
Boat
Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
The Bert was awesome Ryan. Thanks for the invite. Rough seas make for memorable trips. I'd fish with you again anytime if you'll have me back.

Here's the proof we got into them.
IMG_20210801_190743~2.jpg

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
The Bert was awesome Ryan. Thanks for the invite. Rough seas make for memorable trips. I'd fish with you again anytime if you'll have me back.

Here's the proof we got into them.
View attachment 1305052

Ha! Probably the only pic of the weekend. As everyone was holding on for dear life and eating a steady diet of seawater.

Definitely awesome time and great crew that will have to be back in action together again soon

Reactions: Hard Chargin'
Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
Jul 6, 2012
North of seattle
Name
Blackmouther
Boat
9' bullfrog "mr big"
You got it dialed Ryan. Cool adventure. Your boats pretty badass. Seen it in sekiu on the last halibut opener. Didn’t see you or we would of offered you a drink

Reactions: Captain Decent
Upvote 0

ganno

Ganno
Aug 6, 2012
Olympia,Wa
Name
Henry Ganno
Boat
Audrey
Better wether for this weakened where would be good starting point. I would like to give it a shot first time for me.

Reactions: KO2
Upvote 0

KO2

Jul 12, 2021
Olympia
Name
Kris O'Bannon
Boat
Kingfisher 28'
Went out 50 miles from ilwaco saturday. didn't see any bait balls or many birds. ran into the rissos dolphins which was pretty cool. caught 11 in the 25lb range and 5 that were pretty small. All but 4 came off the troll. just couldnt get the bait stops going. Ended up with 16 total. Good day of fishin.

Upvote 0