Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
If we all show up for a flotilla I may just have the hankering to have my shirt off and be sun bathing myself like a hauled out knot head on my engine compartment in the banana hammock. Just a fair warning to everyone. She can’t point an LRAD if she is blinded.
You need a lime green Borat mankini, rhinestone sunglasses, and some flutter spoon earrings. Loop a couple of tuna feather daisy chains around your neck like a feather boa and you’re set.
Blasted Zydeco music from a set of speakers big enough to bog your generator down will complete the effect. :D
If you want to up the game, Vaseline yourself up and dance like a stripper on top of the pilot house.

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
what you need is A cheap fog horn, and sound it off
every 15 minutes , after 7 in the morning, that should get her attention ,
then say good morning Beautiful.
Shit!!!!! I would be out there with my horn at 5 in the morning and gunning my engine right outside the wave break.

michael e. bingham

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
I would have dropped the anchor and just sat there , that son of a bitch dosen`t own the beach or the ocean , I would have grabbed my Jig stick and start casting to the shore as well Fuck that guy

Reactions: Hotroddin

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Workin on the bait boat in the bay we were constantly having residents call authorities on us...
They knew they had to make shit up to get them to come out so when they would check us out we always had a good laugh at the crazy things they said we were doing ...my favorite was when the sheriff's said they were told we were wrapping and killing dolphins....

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Always two sides to a story.

What do YOU think her reasons were for doing that? A little hard to believe she just ran out and blasted you guys.
True, always have to ask someone why they decided to attack you, rob you or harass you.

Person sought out equipment to be used with intent to harass. And if anyone was on the beach, God help them to. Sounds like a routine for Miss 20 million dollar home
Includes all the ocean I can see.

She should call Baywatch or SO if she observed a violation. Or maybe she’s a defunder?

Not withstanding the relevant codes and laws for distance from shoreline, it is illegal to harass someone, not just when they are fishing/hunting. Video, go to LASD desk
In Malibu and make a complaint or call when it is occurring.

Last edited:

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
True, always have to ask someone why they decided to attack you, rob you or harass you.

Person sought out equipment to be used with intent to harass. And if anyone was on the beach, God help them to. Sounds like a routine for Miss 20 million dollar home
Includes all the ocean I can see.

She should call Baywatch or SO if she observed a violation. Or maybe she’s a defunder?

Not withstanding the relevant codes and laws for distance from shoreline, it is illegal to harass someone, not just when they are fishing/hunting. Video, go to LASD desk
In Malibu and make a complaint or call when it is occurring.
I wasn't there. You weren't there.

Maybe first thing to do in any situation is understand the circumstances?

Or maybe just calling the cops, lawyers or authorities is standard operating procedure for the majority of BD folks? 🤷‍♂️

OP is getting what he wants: a bunch of strangers rushing to side with him because he told us one side of the story.

God help me if I start citing municipal codes and jurisprudence if some lady blared at me with a horn.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white

Or maybe just calling the cops, lawyers or authorities is standard operating procedure for the majority of BD folks? 🤷‍♂️

OP is getting what he wants: a bunch of strangers rushing to side with him because he told us one side of the story.

God help me if I start citing municipal codes and jurisprudence if some lady blared at me with a horn.
Ok none of us were there.So just what could he have possibly done from his boat while fishing that would warrant that reaction ? If he was fishing naked while playing music really loud i could understand.Just using the bullhorn to yell at someone should tell you something about her.

Reactions: marlyn

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy

He asked for a remedy, if you don’t want to “put up with it” you can call the police and let them sort out your drama.

And not sure what your into, but I don’t have the described equipment on hand to be used to hail or annoy anyone from my porch, there is that. But right on, you saw it from an angle no one did.
So whatever, carry on.

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Ok none of us were there.So just what could he have possibly done from his boat while fishing that would warrant that reaction ? If he was fishing naked while playing music really loud i could understand.Just using the bullhorn to yell at someone should tell you something about her.
Wouldn't know.

First educated guess: he was too close to shore or in an area he wasn't supposed to be.

Bhoff

Aug 3, 2018
San Diego
Name
Brandon
Boat
Robalo
Before reading the location I was about to comment, sounds like Malibu...

Reactions: marlyn

Shewillbemine

Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Here's my educated guess to your answer, :finger:. Even if he was inside the limit, It doesn't give KAREN the right to do that!!!!
There's a 3 mile Don't Fish Zone off parts of Malibu. The guy says he's 100 yards from shore. It's possible he's in the zone, but of course he doesn't give us coordinates or a screenshot of where his boat is on the Fish Finder. Comes here to post that he has no idea why a woman would blast him with a bullhorn and surmises he might call the cops or a lawyer. Garners responses from a bunch of stressed out fishermen that he should retaliate in some way. Btw, his account has 18 messages in 11 years (last post was from 7 years ago).

This seems to suggest he a) doesn't really care to participate much in the BDOutdoors community b) was so angry about the incident that he is contemplating driving by a private address to escalate a situation he failed to record c) knew there would be people in here who would only feed his reaction to justify what he wants to do d) didn't take the time to consider why in the world someone might be taking drastic actions and was prepared with equipment because perhaps, just perhaps, this woman frequently had to deal with guys on boats who just don't respect the current No Fishing zone.

But since tons of fishermen think they're Ron Swanson, this thread has turned into a "that bitch is a Karen" before any amount of reasonable thought occurred.

Just last year, someone started a thread with a picture of a professional angler apparently fishing inside a No Fish Zone. Ooh boy, BD members were so mad about that. Spat all kinds of venom about privilege and why the guy must be an asshole. Weird.

Apr 16, 2015
Name
Jeffrey Sweetman
Boat
21 Thresher
Wonder if that would apply to the idiots that run over foamers that you have been fishing. Might have to look into that.

Reactions: One_Leg

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
The individual with a bullhorn could have easily called DFW, and had a right to call if the guy was fishing in a no fishing zone. He as the fisherman has a right to report that person for harassment.

I still think a flotilla would be a good time regardless. Haha

onehottip

May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
I had a screaming lady come out of her house and yelled at the top of her lungs. I had no idea what she was saying! I just screamed back and she shortly thereafter went back inside. F the 300 feet thing. I’m fishing shoreline and boilers. There was nobody on the shoreline. Scene of the crime. Malibu coast above the sea lion restaurant.

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Those were the "good old days"....lol.

P.S. Where's "mrkrabs"....? He always has his own "individual" take on such "urgent" matters! He's do for sure.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Let em eat 74

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
Recently while fishing 100 yards from shore, a belligerent resident came out on the balcony with a siren and bullhorn, yelling at us. The noise was deafening, these bullhorns are so targeted that can be heard a mile out. We didn't want to escalate, --who knows what's next? So we regrettably had to leave. It is disgusting to be harassed like that.
In Calif it is illegal to harass fishermen (F&G code sec 2009). What can we do in order to protect our right to fish? Send a message to CADFW? Call the police? Other?
Anyone no how close a sport boat(s) can anchor off the Shoreline at any of the State Parks or County beaches (all day long) if they wanted too. Is it Yards/Feet I ask because the Lobster Guys can go into the Beach as close as they want during their Season maybe because they keep the Harbor Patrol or Life Guards well fed. So how close tho Mean High Tide Line anyone know? I have been kicked out of spots when I was fishing in and outside there Lobster Pots for what ever reason !!!!!

Jr.

Winning!
Feb 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Hatteras
Instead of feeding the seagulls with your leftover bait, fertilize their lawn on your way home.

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
Just another uber-liberal elite that thinks they are better than everyone else and lets us all know it. Tell 'em to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.

Reactions: El Tangledero

Sandydog

Mar 18, 2017
Dana Point, CA
Name
John Kim
Boat
n/a
Some things just aren't worth your and the police's time fighting. I keep several packs of these aboard my boat for guests to use if the engine is too loud for them (I have noise canceling headphones for myself, so I can still hear the radio).

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RMFGGY/

Unfortunately by packing up and leaving, you've just encouraged her to continue her behavior. Next time just plug your ears and ignore her. Let her flagellate on shore while draining her battery and disturbing her neighbors. If her tactic becomes ineffective, she'll stop on her own.

Reactions: kf6cmp